Chapter 4 - Y/N beefs with a tsurak

I love y'all sm thanks for the kind dms with ideas and suggestions, I'll make sure to implement them later on. I didn't think this would actually be seen and it was sorta a shit post so I don't have a solid idea for plot nd shit so I'm open to anything

                ——— Your POV———

Today was the day, today I'm going to preform my last coming of age rite before becoming a warrior.

I was sitting on the ledge of the pathway leading up to the small Marui that Tonowari and Ronal had gifted me for my birthday a few years ago.

I'm now 15 (Aonung is 16, Tseriya is 14), Aonung already finished all his rites and and was a fully fledged warrior now. He told me he believed I could do it but I seriously think I fucked up.

This last rite was up to me to decide but once I picked it I couldn't change it. One night a few days ago our whole friend group (Aonung and his friends from the movie, idk what to call them) all got together and brainstormed.

I had all sort of shitty ideas thrown at me,
"You should magically transform into a Tulkun infront of the whole tribe" was one of the several stupid things they suggested.

Later me and Ao (your nickname for him) sat down alone and decided on bonding with and taming a tsurak (for y'all that don't know it's one of those rideable flying fish thingies that Jake tames too.)

Taming a tsurak was already apart of the several rites I had to do to get here and if I was born in the main tribe I would've been done, but since I was a outsider I had to finish this one last extra step to become a warrior. I didn't care much though I was always up to a challenge.

The specific tsurak I had to take was Taronyu. Taronyu was know to be vicious and unforgiving and had already killed many metkayina who had dared to attempt him.

Why did you pick taming another tsurak? Well that's because your first one died. Another one of the rites of passage was to form a bond with a tulkun. Your found your soul sister that day, Ftuei, but while you were doing that your first tsurak had wondered off and was crushed by Payakan, the outcast tulkun. You weren't really effected by her death as y'all didn't really bond much yet, you were still trying to decide a name for her the day she died.

That night you foolishly went to Tonowari and told him your plans, he asked again and again if you were sure and even attempted to forbid you from doing it but you refused. Even though it sounded stupid you had your heart set on it.

You exhaled as you dipped your feet into the water. You had now realized the gravity of your situation, you could die doing this. Tonowari has tried to warn you but you were too foolish to listen. Now it was coming back to bite you in the ass.

You heard the horns sound and you knew it was time. You jumped into the water and swam over walking back on shore. The crowd of people split for you as you walked through them to get to Tonowari.

He grabbed your shoulders and blessed you, wishing you luck on your perilous task. You looked forward and spotted Taronyu near the horizon. The shape of him was unmistakeable, every Metkayinan child had grown up seeing pictures of him and listening to the stories of his the people he killed. They were always warned to stay away from Taronyu,

"He will not show you mercy, ever" you remember Ronal saying.

You spotted Aonung out of the corner of your eye and smiled at him before jumping off and diving into the ocean.