Entry 5

Well stranger things have happened, but this takes the cake. As I left the old station, I heard a voice speak in the distance, saying '... can see you... can see your pain...' At this I pulled my Tihar off and looked around my position, keeping quiet for the off chance that they could be a mutant. One that is playing tricks with my mind.

But this did not feel right, so I walked cautiously towards the street, unsure of who was talking. But as soon as my foot stepped on the street, the situation before changed dramatically. The ruins of Moscow, though radioactive and damning it may be, changed back to a memory I knew before the missiles fell. The buildings were standing tall, roads were clogged with traffic and there was laughter. The men I once knew before the war were standing with me, chatting about their passes and what they would do once they made it to the night club.

What is this? I thought, looking around, seeing this blew my mind and I was tempted to take my gas mask off. But I remembered this was a hallucination and had to find the person who was doing this. But so peaceful, the Russian hip-hop music playing made me choke up, this unwanted memory filling my vision.

The voice returned, '...you remember this... you want this back...' I agreed with this, I wanted to know why the missiles fell and who fired them. Did the Russian government provoke those NATO people into launching or did the terrorists hack into the American systems and launch a missile to destroy the western capitalist systems? Who knows, but this vision is too strong... I wanted to remove the mask. Breathe the free air again.

The hallucination faded and returned to the ruins of Moscow with a creature standing on the top of the bar across from the street. Its eyes were looking at me, I could feel it is physic energy coursing all around the area. It could have killed me there, but it did not. The voice vibrates in my head, 'what awaits them...?'

I stumbled backwards and collapsed, looking up at the sky. I saw a demon flying overhead, diving at the creature, screeching. The creature jumped down from the top of the bar, running for cover, the demon following it.

Now that it's quiet, outside and within my mind, I'll move again. Three minutes on the filter left.