Roommates ( fluff )

First chapter ever on this book ( oh my god they were roommates )

So basically Al Haitham comes home after a long day and he finds kaveh asleep on his bed. Antics ensue ( includes confession )

This chapter is all fluff. It's written from Al Haitham's pov
enyoy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After so long I'd come to regret giving that damned guy a key. Sometimes it was booze, sometimes it was scattered sketches and blueprints, sometimes it was a wrecked living room, or if I'm lucky, just something on fire. All of these things were always, without a doubt, accompanied by a certain blonde architect, the light of Kshahrewar and the absolute antithesis to the peace I need after hours of working in the academia. The one and only Kaveh was passed out on my bed. Of course, what else had I come to expect. I could feel my face burn, probably red at the ears. So much for the grand sage, reduced to a blush by Kaveh, even as he slept.

I looked over it once more, as if it would prove i'm dreaming. He was rolled into the sheets, clutching one of my pillows tightly and part of me wants to sit down next to him, take out the hairpins loosely kept in his hair, stroke it until it was smooth and fall asleep beside him, yet all I could do was look before deciding I'd just move him. At this point if I did anything it would make it too awkward, if he didn't feel the same he wouldn't stick around. I would ruin everything. For someone so normally logical I could feel my thoughts jumble up until I had to stop myself from overthinking.

I pulled the sheets off of Kaveh, causing him to turn to face me. I flinched and froze in place, praying he wasn't awake and by some miracle he just curled back into the blankets. It was clearly no use to take it off now, so I leaned down, shimmied my hands under him and lifted him up, still wrapped up in blankets. I tensed up as Kaveh adjusted in my arms in his sleep, shifting closer into my chest and holding on to my neck. God, he was going to be the death of me. Still, it annoyed me that now I'd have no blanket for the night thanks to him.

I couldn't think much of anything as he stirred again "haitham" It was soft, just my name. I could tell Kaveh was slowly waking up as he clutched my neck tighter. When he opened his eyes, we were already to his room and he shifted with a puzzled look, although the way his cheeks flushed the second he saw me ( once he was fully awake ) is something I wish I had taken a picture of. "Hey" Is all I could muster after fumbling for a second, feeling the heat crawl up my spine. Even if I'd maintained my monotone, Kaveh's eyes widened and his averted.

It was too awkward all of a sudden, before Kaveh cracked a grin, clearly still resisting sleep. "So care to tell me why you're carrying me? That too wrapped in your blanket?" He raised an eyebrow and though I felt my blush increase I responded matter-of-factly. "You fell asleep on my bed" to which his shit-eating grin only grew "And yet you're still carrying me?" Something about this felt off. Mostly because they both felt no bite to each other's words, unlike countless situations where the both had been snappy. This was nothing like that but when I realised what Kaveh was doing my blush grew and I put him down and paced to the door. His grin decreased but he laughed softly.

"I didn't drink" he pointed to his mouth " Thought you might want to talk about today, you were rambling about how it would be stressful last week. We fought too and I felt bad. Thanks for carrying me back." he approached me again slowly, giving me a hug. Never in my years of living with Kaveh had I gotten a hug from him, with how we were usually at odds but something about it just clicked. I wrapped my arms back around him. It was so...warm, everything I'd imagined from it but somehow, endlessly more, enveloping me in comfort. Even if I would never hold back the bite from our conversations, even if we could never be together and this was just a one-time occurence, it was so incredibly warm. Soft and I lost myself in the moment.

Only when Kaveh pulled back was I snapped out of my thoughts. It was short lived as he pulled me down. I felt my breath hitch as he looked from my eyes to my lips. Face flushed and hands held back from my face, clutched in my collar with the last remnants of control. "You have no clue- how bad I've wanted to do this" He said with an nervous chuckle, the kind that shakes through you with adrenaline. I cupped his cheek and it got warmer, like the blanket shedded on the floor. It was like with Kaveh he'd never even need it.

"Is this okay?" It was almost a whisper, drawing my mind to what time it was. I was exhausted and so was kaveh but it so quickly flashed back to what he'd said just a moment prior. He'd been thinking of me. "Yeah" I said firmly and I could feel Kaveh's hands move from my collar to my hair, until he'd tugged me into a kiss which I sank into. It was so incredibly warm.

Maybe giving him a key wasn't the worst idea I'd ever had after all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Authors note:

No beta we die like rex lapis
I hope y'all enjoyed this bc I wrote it all at 11 pm.
Next one will be similarly questionable I promise