headcanons

Modern headcanons I have for kvthm

1. Nicknames.

Al Haitham steers away from nicknames. All the time.Kaveh for the life of him, never stops with them. At some point Kaveh realises he has 20 for him but every time they meet in the living room, it's always a smooth and curt "Kaveh" in response to a joyful "Hayi!" The way Al Haitham says his name gets him melting anyway. Al Haitham has a ranked list of what his favourite nicknames from Kaveh are somewhere in the back of his head. On the rare occasion Kaveh is pleasantly surprised with "hi love". He's glad Al Haitham tries for him.

2. Fontaine

The traveler invites the duo to Fontaine, they're heading there soon under the pretense of finding their sibling. Al Haitham watches Kavehs face quietly. Kaveh feels like he might crack. After all, he would never want to go where his mother ran off to. It reminded him feverishly of nights spent alone in cold rooms. He wraps up the conversation quick and polite, a precursor to Al Haitham hugging him close in the privacy of their home, making soft promises of the memories they had yet to make and of how they would make the memory of Fontaine at least a little happier.

When cyno suggests them taking his huge Kamera, Kaveh glares down a wowed Al Haitham, already busy in figuring out all the controls. They end up taking it with them. The trip passes in bliss, with a couple lower moments. The entire time Al Haitham lugged around the camera and Kaveh found himself posing for it in front tof fountains and dogs with absurd outfits. He found out about coffee, then proceeded to buy 20 bags for back home- much to Al Haithams dismay. He knocked on every surface and swam in freshwater pools. It wasn't as bad as they'd imagined at all. Maybe the memory wouldn't hurt so much from then on.

3.Shut off.

Al Haitham has brief periods where he goes silent, overcome by grief for his grandmother yet unable to procure any words from his lavish vocabulary to support his emotions. He shuts his doors and heart off and works until he's bone tired, stopping to eat and sleep and continue the process. It's an eerie version where he may not even speak to correct a proposal or move up from his desk and for the longest time Kaveh had n9 clue about it, or how to deal with it. It hurt him to see Al Haitham so low, that too in sharp contrast to his usual wit and intelligence, he often found himself missing an Al Haitham that sat right beside him.

Until he realised what was going on. Until Al Haitham whispered it to him, buried into his chest under the comfort of weighted blankets and dulled windows. He didn't dare try to stop his emotions. He only held on, tighter and tighter. Even of Al Haitham wouldn't talk about it too much he was willing to sit there and kiss away tears, only for more to flow down. Al Haitham wouldn't get anywhere by repressing it. He would sit with him in the darker times and recall happier memories of his grandma until Al Haitham smiled and sunnies times came back to them. Al Haitham didn't need help from anyone but he let his walls Crack a little. Kaveh built him up from the inside and talked when he couldn't and Al Haitham loved him for it, endlessly, boundlessly without suppression. Maybe someday he'd be able to find the words to tell him too.

4. The L-word
They confess on February 27th. They kiss for the first time on July 13th. They move to separate apartments because they want to move slowly. They go on dates throughout October. They have their first time on a starless January night in the comfort of Al Haithams house. Kaveh moves in in November- bringing with him an onslaught of redecorating. The house opens on Christmas for their first party and Kaveh clings to Al Haithams side like he had a rope attached at the hip. Al Haitham holds him there happily. They spend the night dancing and laughing with all their friends. The next morning, they have a lot of cleaning up to do. They put on gloves and throw away bottles and swipe away spills on the counter together. Quietly and swiftly. Once they're done, Kaveh takes Al Haitham into the living room for another dance.

New years was celebrated at Tighnaris house, every year. This year was no different. They shopped for a gift bottle of champagne and put on their sparkliest suits (though it was appalling the difference between Kavehs shimmering gold and  Al Haitham in dark blue with white lining. Still, they matched ) Upon arrival they were quickly swept into different conversations, Al Haitham only obliging because it was a close group anyway. For q second they felt like teenagers at the academia, glancing at each other across parties. They didnt drink much, even Kaveh had only a few beers. Al Haitham went on a single flute of champagne the entire night. When it came 10 minutes to midnight Kaveh took Al Haithams into the terrace quietly, without anyone to see.
He held out his hand to him. "I haven't seen you all night Hayi"
"You've been elusive enough to catch yourself" Al Haitham said, taking Kavehs hand and putting his other around his waist. Kavehs other hand slid carefully into the crook of his neck.

"What are you wishing for this year?" Kaveh asked lightly as they swayed around the terrace. Al Haitham thought for a moment, pulling Kaveh in close. "No matter what happens, I want it to be by your side" it was soft, only for them "and what do you wish for, Kaveh?"
"I think..." he paused to spin Al Haitham "I think I want us to be happy. I want to wake up and see you every morning. I want to kiss you before you head to work. I want you to bring me coffee at my table when you're back and I want to go to sleep knowing you're mine."
Al Haithams heart felt as if it was ready to beat out of his chest. He pulled closer and rested his forehead on Kavehs. They smiled at each other as the countdown began and Al Haitham leaned down for a kiss at midnight, sweet and slow. When they pulled apart Kaveh murmured softly. "I love you" and Al Haitham stopped, froze still with his mouth agape. "You don't have to say it, I just want you to know I do" he said, smoothing Al Haithams hair down.
"I love you too" Al Haitham said, in the smallest whisper.