3

Iruka cut in an irritated figure with some frustrations leaking out of his ears in a cloud of smoke. His eyes were fixed to the menace that was in his class. A menace he was forced in his every day of life at the academy to teach. Not that the boy ever paid him any attention when he spoke. He'd thought he would be relieved if the boy wasn't taking any interest in his lectures, but it annoyed the crap out of him whenever the blond spotted that look of pure indifference. There was even a day he had been tempted to run up to the boy and drag him out of his class, by his hair.

The thought had been crushed instantly when he thought of who birthed the boy. The mother would certainly kill him. Literally. No doubt about that.

Uzumaki Naruto: Iruka couldn't even begin to remember the day the blond had so even paid attention to his class. From day two, the blond had always put on a look of indifference, never taking part in anything. As much as Iruka wanted to throw the blond out of the class, he couldn't do that. Not without a noteworthy reason. It would get him in trouble with the Sandaime. Not the mention that woman who would snap his neck in a mother fury.

Iruka could remember the day he'd made a surprise test just to fail the blond. Imagine his surprise, when the little irritation who didn't pay attention to his classes, managed to pass his test. Even though half of the class failed because the test was a difficult surprise test that wasn't meant to be passed by everyone. Loathe as he may to admit, Naruto wasn't stupid, he was smart. It had pissed him to no end when the blond had so graciously offered to set the test for him to make them a little difficult.

That wasn't all. There had been a day he had caught the blond looking outside the window. Not listening to him. He had inwardly smirked at the thought that came to his mind.

Imagine to his utter dismay when the bland had not even stuttered or even looked red handed at being caught gazing outside the class. The blond had so simply said ''I can't repeat what you said because I wasn't listening.''

Iruka had been left flabbergasted by the response. Normally a student would try to initiate something that he didn't say or try to make an excuse. But the blond didn't try anything. He stated the situation as it was. No attempt to hide the truth. The blond had made it clear to him that he was only in the academy because his mother had forced him and the Sandaime was blackmailing him to do so.

To show how useless the academy was to him, the blond had gone as far as to say he could do the graduate exam as he was, despite being in the academy for just two weeks. If Iruka had his way around everything, he would have just given the blond the damn exam just so he could get out of his sight. Some teachers could just ignore him and the blond would indifferently return the favour. But that was something that Iruka couldn't do. No matter how hard he tried.

The other teachers have tried all tricks to get the blond to be held back in his academics, but that was useless since he already knew what they taught. When it came to knowledge, the blond had it in abundance. He had even found it bitterly amusing when one of the teachers came back to the staff room grumbling after he'd gotten into an argument with Naruto over the history of Konohagakure. It turned out that the blond knew more about it than the teacher.

Iruka sighed, and settled on the edge of his desk, looking at his students. No one was absent today - which was good. He didn't feel like teaching anything. Well, since they haven't been in the training grounds for some Taijutsu demonstration, he decided it was best to take them there.

''Okay class, settled down,'' Iruka said a bit loudly.

Nobody heard the chunin, or they did just chose to ignore him in favour of continuing with the chatter. If Iruka hadn't become used to this familiar occurrence, a vein would've been throbbing on the side of his forehead right about now.