11

Naruto was inside the study that once belonged to his father; he was now making the study his own since he was the man of the house. His mother was out at work, and since he didn't want to be a bother, he decided to stay behind while doing some work. He would be joining her for lunch anyway.

The blond was looking through some scrolls on the notes that dealt with Konoha's leadership. His father had been Hokage and although it hadn't been for a long time, he had had the time to gather valuable information about how things worked within the village Hidden in Leaves. Naruto was going through those notes in order to be able to clearly see where his future lied without the Sandaime Hokage.

He was even looking for potential successors to the Sandaime Hokage. Jiraiya was out of the picture as the man has apparently refused to take the job once when it was given to him and Naruto had observed the man hard enough to be able to tell that he would never take the mantle even if it was given to him once again.

Drawing a list of possibilities wasn't that difficult and Naruto's first thought was Danzo. From the notes he had looked at it was no doubt that the war hawk desired to be Hokage and according to the Sandaime, he had tried to take the seat by force.

Given that the Sandaime has stripped the war hawk of most of his powers within the Village, he was now reduced to running political schemes to gain support of the villagers as a respected and powerful elder of the village. The Sandaime Hokage was surely not blind to this but he could not stop the man from gaining the support he was trying to gain.

Naruto was certain that it was only so that the man would not have much opposition when he does try to fight for the position of Hokage. Once he has attained the power, he would no doubt care less about what the villagers think.

The blond wasn't worried about Konoha's future; he was worried about his own. If Danzo took the position, he would really make things for him difficult and he would have no choice but to flee from the village. His mother was not going to be against the idea because she would know that staying behind would mean that he would be forced to become Danzo's weapon.

Not that Naruto would willingly take that up. He would refuse. If he was to become a weapon, it would be a weapon used for the protection of his mother and nothing else.

Naruto closed everything before him and decided it was about time he went to see the war hawk. The man wouldn't make a move to him with the Sandaime Hokage having threatened him with death if he made a move.

It didn't take Naruto too long to find the war hawk. He knew where the old man was usually occupied within these times of the day and it was the Hokage Tower. As an elder and a former advisor of the Sandaime as well as a member of the village's council, the war hawk did have an office within the place.

Naruto just figured the office was really used to spy on the Sandaime Hokage than anything.

When Naruto got into the office, he found the war hawk in the company of his two scheming friends. The blond looked around the room for a moment before his eyes went to Danzo. "I wish to speak to you," he said looking straight at the war hawk.

Koharu looked at the blond with an expressionless look on her face. The blond had seemingly decided to ignore them in favour of demanding something from Danzo. From that tone alone, it wasn't hard to tell that the blond wasn't asking that Danzo speak to him, but telling him that he wanted to talk to him.

"I have been telling Hiruzen that he shouldn't take things lightly with the boy," she said with a shake of her head. "Now look at what we have? A disrespectful child and a shinobi who doesn't care about Konoha and a Jinchuriki no less. What a waste of potential."