four

a verse for y'all today 💓

SHORT CHAPTER ⚠️please vote & comment ! ♥︎how are y'all today mls? 🫶🏽💕

SHORT CHAPTER ⚠️
please vote & comment ! ♥︎
how are y'all today mls? 🫶🏽💕

HASAAN'S POV

There's no way that Kashmir was the person they painted him out to be.

I heard the officer say that he was involved in organized crime and drug money laundering, but since when? As far as I'm concerned, Kashmir has never broken the law. At least not in front of me. And he didn't even sell drugs, so I know for a fact what they said that he got arrested for wasn't true. I'm pretty sure if Kashmir was doing anything like that then he would tell me. I know that he wasn't well off before, but that's not an excuse to believe that he would be doing anything like that.

"So.." My mother starts as she prepares herself to pour another glass of wine, she struggles for a bit to open the bottle before finally opening it. She shifts all of her weight to her right side while staring at me, I can see the happiness radiating off of her. I couldn't help but to roll my eyes. Even though her and Kash didn't necessarily see eye to eye on a lot of thing, it was still wrong her her to be happy about him getting arrested. You ain't supposed to wish hail on anybody, not even your worst enemy but like always it became really clear to me that she has something up her sleeve.

"Now that Kashmir is officially out of the picture, shall I give Nylah's parents a call? I'm sure they'd be just as delighted as I am that Kashmir has suddenly disappeared from a certain role in your life that needs to be filled." My mother raised her wine glass to her lips, taking a long and drawn out sip. Of course she was still on this Nylah shit, don't get me wrong Nylah sounds like a great person and all but I don't play when it comes to Kashmir. I'm not going to give up on him just because he was arrested. All he had to do was straighten things out and tell the police that they had the wrong person and he would be coming back home in no time.

"Hopefully he never comes back here. We don't need that negative energy in our lives sweetheart, you better be happy that this opportunity has arose. Nylah will be saving you from eternal damnation and all it took was that heathen getting arrested." My mother chuckles a bit to herself, playfully rolling her eyes at her own words. She seemed to be ignoring my body language, focusing only on whatever plan she was formulating in her head. I lean over a bit on the couch and shift all of my weight onto my right arm as I supported it with a pillow.

All I could think about was Kashmir. Maybe if I hadn't put him out in the first place, he would still be here. But if we're being honest, I had a reason to give him the option of leaving. My mother was in the wrong but so was he and he shouldn't have disrespected her like that. Technically he put himself in the position to be given an ultimatum when he decided to curse my mother out. I sighed, running my left hand down my face. As stupid as the argument was, I guess I could take part of the blame for it. It wasn't just their faults.