Chapter Two

When Ian woke up, he found himself tied up and surrounded by those same faces, up close and personal. Many were holding various melee, as if they had the intent to maul him for little reason. All of them were wearing shoulder pads, belts and boots with spikes, while complimenting their random assortment of outfits with various wears and tears. Soon after, the stares stopped and everyone made way for, supposedly, the leader. He differentiated himself by wearing countless piercings, while having even more spikes on his outfit. These spikes may have seemed as if they were armor necessary in times like this, but in actuality, they seemed heavy and impractical fashion.

The leader stood close to Ian, leaned towards him with a suspecting stare and asked,

"Who are you, and are you from the capital?", while pointing a knife at his chin.

It had been a while since Ian talked in general, let alone to another person holding a knife at him while a huge crowd stared.

"I-I'm Ian- and I was going to go there.... for my phone-", he blurted.

"Your phone, huh?" The leader further examined him, staring suspiciously and thoroughly to check if his eyes lied. Then, he raised the knife, while Ian could only close his eyes in fear. A tearing sound was made. Ian opened his eyes, and he realized he was untied. The leader stood there bursting with laughter. After a brief while, he tried to gather himself and said, "you're all right, kid! Say, you could be of some use to us!"
"I- I can?"
"Yeah! That phone of yours is all we needed to get into that Capital. What do you say? Wanna join us?"

Looking at the gleeful smiles everyone had, and that everyone still hadn't put their weapons down; he suspected he did not have a choice.