he's a male manipulator

a/n: i had to look at the literal script for the game for this chapter, but i changed the way some things were said bc i felt that it would flow better

When Deuce tells you that he, Ace, and Trey are going to be making a replacement for the tart that Ace ate, you're all too quick to tag along.

The first hour is spent gathering as many chestnuts as possible, watching the two boys complain about it while they work and grateful that you don't have to pitch in. After they return to Heartslabyul, you watch Trey set out what he needed, clapping his hands a few times and grabbing Ace and Deuce's attention.

You're floating around the boys as they get to work, watching them groan each time Trey adds on another task for them to complete. You like to drift around the counters, guiding the boys to whichever tool they needed or giving them a push to the right ingredients. 

"Now we've just gotta add in the last ingredient...oyster sauce!" declares Trey with a flourish.

Now, you've been dead for kind of a long time now, and even though you've been unable to taste anything this whole time, you're pretty sure that oyster sauce doesn't go into pastries. Besides, despite Trey's harmless appearance, he's always been a little...tricky.

The boys look just as confused, peering at the little bottle while the third-year feeds them blatant lies. You roll your eyes—of course Trey is using this as an opportunity to fuck around with a couple of oblivious first-years.

Before either boy can fall for it, you lean forward, pressing up next to Ace's side so that he can feel your cold form chilling the air around him, letting him know that you're there.

"He's messing with you. Don't fall for it," you say, watching Ace's eyes narrow.

"You're just screwing with us. There's no way that oyster sauce goes in pastries! What, you didn't think you could fool us that easily, could you?" says Ace, as if he was the one who'd figured it out himself.

Deuce follows suit, nodding as he notices the confidence in Ace's voice. "Yeah! You're just trying to trick us!"

Trey chuckles, putting the bottle of oyster sauce down. "You're right, you're right, I'm just messing with you guys. I wanted to see if you two are ass gullible as you seem, but I guess not," he says with a smile.

"Wow. Okay, rude," says Ace, putting his hands on his hips. "What do we do next, know-it-all?"

"Well now we've gotta add the cream—oh! Oh dear," says Trey, looking a bit conflicted.

"What? What's going on now?" asks Ace, impatient. Trey looks a little guilty, giving the boys a slight smile.

"I got so caught up with having you bring me those chestnuts that I've made too much paste out of them, but I don't have enough cream to mix into it."

Deuce perks up, peeking over Ace's shoulder. "I can go grab some! Sam's shop has it, right?"