excuse him he's br*t*sh

a/n: HELLO ALL so a lot has happened :) i recently finished my minor and after a long while, i was able to transfer majors. there was a placement test that would determine whether or not i got in or if i'd have to wait another year and to be honest, things got really bad for me. ya boy lost a lotta weight, got lots of gray hairs (man goes gray at 18 NOT CLICKBAIT!!!!!!!) and has a hard time not blacking out whenever he stands out.

but i got accepted into the school of industrial and systems engineering. and that's what matters.

ngl things are gonna be rough for a while. i have to get my health back on track and make sure that i don't, y'know, die of malnourishment or something, but writing really helps and i'm so glad to be able to be doing this more now!! as always i love hearing all of your thoughts and tell me what you think of this chapter!!

All five boys are crammed onto the tiny sofa. Trey's left leg is almost completely overtaken by Deuce's own while Ace tries to keep his elbows from poking the aforementioned navy-haired boy as well as Riddle, who's on Ace's other side with his arms crossed and is quickly losing his temper with the other four. Cater, who was graciously left about ten inches of space to pack all of himself into has somehow managed to squeeze himself in between Riddle and the arm of the couch and is slowly disappearing deeper into the cushions every time someone shifts.

You're standing in front of them, arms crossed and jaw set. No one can look you in the eye.

"So," you start, watching all of them flinch, "would anyone like to tell me what they were thinking when they decided to use two sixteen-year-old boys as leverage?"

Riddle has gone from looking irritated to wildly uncomfortable in the span of about a second. He clears his throat, interlacing his fingers together. "I had my concerns about about you and whatever you are. After hearing the reports about these two talking to nothing but air and then hearing from Trey how something had grabbed him from the inside, I felt that it was in my best interests as a dorm leader to figure out what was following the students of my dorm."

Something wasn't adding up. "Now, how did you 'hear reports' about Ace and Deuce talking to me? Also I only touched Trey after he hurt Ace during the first failed party, so it wasn't like I was intentionally trying to cause anyone harm."

Trey nods, eyes flickering up to meet yours just for a moment before looking over at Riddle. "They're right, that one's on me. I'm still not sure why I did—that. Sorry, Ace," he adds as an afterthought. The redhead shrugs, arms crossed.

"It's whatever, I guess."

You turn your gaze back towards Riddle. "You still haven't answered my question. Did you follow us while we were talking? Because if you did, not only is that a creep move, but you'd have encroached on our privacy, which also isn't great."

Riddle ducks his head, cheeks reddening as he toys with his fingers. Eventually, he gets his tongue to work again. "...I didn't follow you myself. I asked Cater to do that, and..." he trails off, lips pressing into a thin line, so you take a few steps forwards until you can see the gooseflesh rising on his wrists.

"And what?"

"...And to take pictures as proof," the redhead mumbles, staring at the ground like he wishes it would open up and swallow him whole.