someone needs anger management classes

a/n: hellaur it's been a while bc ive been focusing me on other kinds of work and this has been on the back burner for a bit, but im glad to be back :) i wanted to focus on some behind-the-scenes stuff going on since i like to break away from canon every once in a while, and i also don't like to just copy word-for-word what happens during the gameplay so some events in here will be a lil different but the plot stays the same! plus i like to advance my own characterization of the cast 

You return with Deuce, and watch as he and Ace and Trey finish up the rest of the tart. By the end of it, Ace and Deuce are both tired—although, Deuce is a bit more weary, even though he refuses to answer any questions about what might have happened on his little walk with you.

You don't blame him. That was a heavy conversation to have, but a helpful one as well. You hope that Deuce can trust you again like that in the future.

Of course, as soon as all of the hard and tedious work has been finished, Cater decides to pop up, ignoring how Ace and Deuce point out that he only decided to come at the very end. You have to remember that, despite his goofy persona, he's a lot tricker than people give him credit for.

You watch as the four of them eat one of the tarts and chat, then as Trey plays around with his unique magic to surprise the two first-years a bit more, and you smile as they all joke around for a bit, but just as soon as you start feeling happy watching them, that same crushing loneliness comes back.

You've been forced into the role of a spectator again. You'd almost forgotten what that had felt like.

You can only watch as Ace and Deuce bicker about something meaningless and as much as you'd like to interject and tease them both for their childish demeanors, you can't. Cater and Trey are there and if either of them found out about you, there's no doubt that your life would be made much harder than it already is.

All you can do is watch as they smile and laugh and share stories and opinions while you float right in the middle of it, completely invisible to the world.

You'd gotten used to having attention that you'd nearly forgot what it was like to watch everyone else live their lives without you.

"Well, I'm off," says Ace, pulling you out of your thoughts. "Gotta get back before it gets too dark." 

Trey raises an eyebrow at the boy. "Back where, exactly? You're in your own dorm, Ace. Where else would you need to go?"

"Ramshackle. I'm not staying here until Rosehearts gets this junk offa me," announces Ace, slinging his bag over his shoulder. Trey nods.

"Well, if that's the case, have Deuce go with you. We'll need someone to make sure that you're not getting into any more trouble," he says, grinning as Ace's face falls flat.

"Hey! No fair, why am I the one who's gotta get treated like this?!"

"Because you're the only one of us wearing that collar," Deuce points out, much to Ace's irritation.