swagless bitch ass punk

a/n: hi guys

so uh life happened (i was sick 90% of the time and the other 10% was spent at a cremation ceremony. fun times.) BUT i finally finished this chapter!! i'm still sick btw👍 hope y'all enjoy!

Right now there are two things you are absolutely, one-hundred-percent certain of.

The first is that you're still dead. You feel like you've been electrocuted a hundred times over, and you're not sure how a ghost could possibly be feeling sore but you most definitely are, but you're definitely still dead so the whole thing feels a little weird.

The second is that you're sure that Riddle saw you.

There was a half a second in between Trey firing the spell and it hitting you like a train where you could see Riddle's eyes stop looking through you and start looking at you—and the only reason you know they were on you and not on Trey was because they were clear, sharp, and focused in the way that one's eyes only are when they see someone. In this case, that someone was you.

It was the same way Ace and Deuce looked at you when you'd materialized. Confusion came first, then realization, but before Riddle could get past that you'd felt like the sun itself was filling the space you consumed and giving you a form, hot and overbearing and charged with the energy you're sure only comes with this specific brand of magic except it was magnified tens of times over, like Trey was holding onto one end of the kite and his magic supplied the lightning that struck you, the key tied to the middle of it all.

You'd whited out before you could register it yourself. You woke up, not knowing what time it was, and feeling like your incorporeal body had been ripped apart molecule by molecule and rebuilt over and over again.

It sucked.

You were floating, as you usually were, but as you blinked back into existence you felt...incomplete. Like pieces of your body were made out of mist, slowly coming back together after having stayed smoky for so long. It took a while for you to fully come back to yourself, shaking around and making sure that you were okay. You'd noticed that somewhere along the way you'd reappeared back in Ramshackle, which was perplexing, but not what you wanted to focus on at the moment.

How had you been able to, for lack of better words, get poofed after getting shocked to hell and back by what should've been a strong but not strong-enough-to-electrocute-a-ghost strong spell? More importantly, what had happened while you were out?

Memories of Riddle's overblot rush back to you all at once. Without taking a second to (metaphorically) breathe, you're whirling through the air all the way until you reach Heartslabyul, easily parting through the jagged rosebushes and weaving between toppled statues until you're reaching the center of the maze, where Riddle is sniffling, barely holding himself together while Ace yells at him and Trey tries to comfort the both of them.

"...and you don't get to ask for help, either! I'm not forgiving you for this whole mess until you do everything we did by yourself, including the tart! And we have to like it, too!" he shouts, red in the face from exhaustion and aggravation.

It's about what you'd expected now that the fight is over. Riddle has clearly been defeated and is now soaking up the shame of his actions while Ace is back to his regular old infuriating self. You're glad to see that he's alright, though.