- 8 -

- stubborn -

"How hard is it for you to just kiss me? Tell me that you want me? Do you even want this?" Questioned the younger woman holding back her tears

"Its not like that!"the brunette murmured,sighing a heavy breath out.

Scoffing,the prior stalked towards her lover's desk beelining to stand before her"How is it not like that,and you wont dare look me in the eyes,even when its just us!"

"Grace,i am truly trying out here! Yes im worried for my reputation! What i spent valuable years of my life building! I have to plan it through,you know how i function."explained the woman her eyes already glistening"It doesn't mean i don't want what we have,or that i can't kiss you and tell you how much i want you!"

"Well your not showing it,your not even willing to let me take you on a public date,the world can shove its opinion. I just want to be able to take you out,and enjoy the time we have on this rounded rock!"Grace explained her voice cracking with every sentence

The older woman felt guilt shower over her,despite the facade she held for dear life,she was breaking piece by another til her emotions prevailed on her face. The pain,the desperation,every unspoken of feeling raced to appear next.

"Ada,i love you so much its getting out of hand to control myself around you. I wont lie to you. There were moments where i loathed the idea of seeing you,yet i could help but reconcile with my unnecessary hate,til it downed upon me that i fell madly in love with you"eluded Grace taking a step forward

"I don't understand What you want!"Ada replied strictly professional and the girl sighed

"What i want is for you to Allow me to love you,either its public or privat,Allow me the chance to be there for you,love you,wake up to you and further more. All i want is the little things. Im not asking you to step out of the closet when your obviously aren't ready!" Grace clarified despite wanting more of the woman. She accepted what little she'd probably get.

Seeing no reply the girl raked her fingers through her dirty blonde hair,she retreated back out of the woman's space. Ada felt the coolness of her office hit her body like wild wind,she missed the girls warmth almost instantly.

"Im sorry...i know its too much...I-i think -i have to go"with that the girl walked out and went back to her desk. She felt like doing her job was the best thing to do at this point. What else could she do? Force the woman into committing to a relationship she isn't comfortable with? Or worse fight for a love that isn't reciprocated! Nor welcomed? She chose neither,Grace just chose to give up on wanting what she undeniably can't have.

-

Days lapsed to weeks that turned into months and the two didn't as much converse like they used to. The connection decimated,and brought an understanding to reach Grace's brain. Ada didn't want her. Ada chose her career over the girl she had an affair with. A no strings attached always ended with one hoping for more. Who is she to even compare herself with years of hardship and sleepless night's,Grace convinced herself.

That merry thought never seemed to leave her brain,day and night it stuck itself at the center of her brain,reminding her not to push her luck.

"Are you okay?" A soft toned voice questioned Grace as she was seated at her desk. Looking up she met hazel eyes piercing right through her soul.

Guilt but mostly worry adorned her soft features. Grimacing Grace replied "Im fine,is there something you need ma'am?"

Ada now knitted her brows"I need you to not lie to me,Grace!"

"Im not lying ma'am,im perfectly fine"she lied through her teeth

Taking a deep breath Ada got in her space"I'll ask again. Are you okay? You better not lie to me"she husked in that low voice the girl recognized too well