005 - teacher teacher

NETEYAM'S PUPILS DILATED at the remnants of bioluminescent seaweed on the glossy surface of the dark cave, the shore brushing at his feet

His ears twitched along with the flushed feel he got once the golden haired girl gently tugged on the ends of his fingers, instructing him on when and how to duck and turn in the maze-like cave so as to avoid impalement of the spiky interior.

As they explored deeper in, the water - although being brightly lit by the marine life - appeared milky. And the rock surrounding them grew slippery, with more prominent stripes.

It was beautiful. And so were the freckles that beamed on the both of them, the golden haired girls marks more scattered than his in it's amount.

Besides their breaths deepening in the thickening humidity and steam having risen from the body of water, echoes of laughter travelled from outside of the rest of the group, seemingly unbothered by their disappearance.

The water now lifted above their knees, the duo's ears twitching at the faint gush of large bodies of water fall in the distance.

The journey was mostly quiet, and Neteyam preferred that, for him to adore Tsu'laika's rich soft golden hair, or how she would regularly turn back to ask him If he was still okay, piercing him with her icy lavender-blue eyes.

It made him blush with the adorable fact that she either cared that much about the safety of those around her, or had zero faith in him to make it this way on his own. It might've been both.

But besides the silence, the princess would educate Neteyam on the caves history, myths and legends on how--

"Kxor'Tirea , the spirit of the cave, reads ones deepest darkest thoughts...desires" she sparkled her piercing eyes up at him with a playful widen as he gulped, his heart racing as she continued, "Deciding on whether they can become a reality...or a curse."

His head wandered around the room, chills running through him at that, before the princess added, "The water also does wonders for your skin!"

He chuckled as she innocently did, caught off guard by her inability to stay serious. Her unique dialect making everything she says so mysterious nonetheless. Still stuck on the unsettling conundrum of the cave, he paced closer to her.

Other things were a comfort to him, like her golden mane. Something about the defined, silky curls bouncing as she mumbled songs to herself did something to him - a good something. Voluminous, mighty and elegant in the jewels braided into her habesha cornrows.

Or her reassurance through her large innocent eyes. Her accented husky voice echoing the cave, the voice of Eywa. She felt...

...Dreamy, like, like the moon.

He thought.

In this fogged light, he would pinch himself to ensure that he really saw the ethereal presence of this princess, and questioned whether his mind was as sound as it was before he entered this tunnel-like sea cave.