006 - dealmakers

TSU'LAIKA GAGGED AT the slimy texture of the lionberry seed porridge served for breakfast, her sister and brothers giggling at the princess torturing herself by chugging it down her throat, slapping her palm to her mouth so nothing would leak

It was a grotesque thing to turn innocent tasty seeds into thick snot-like paste.

But it was no use reminding Ronal (for the hundredth time) how much she hated porridge, she had already gotten enough threats and hisses and "It's good for you"'s.

Deeply exhaling with a sulk at her bowl of food, kissing her teeth as her eyes sparkled at another forming excuse.

"How will I be able to properly teach my pupils signing when I'm...too busy throwing all of this up?" the golden haired girl curled herself into a bowl as she read the unimpressed expression of her godmother.

Reya snorted into laughter, covering her mouth as her godsister dramatically buried herself in her golden locks, hiding from the piercing stare of the tsahík taking a scoop out of some of Tsu'laika's breakfast.

"...You won't be teaching any pupil." Ronal licked her lips of the paste, "Not until that bowl is empty. Yom nefä"

BUOYANTLY HOPPING UP OUT OF SORROW after finally emptying the bowl after everyone else had gone out, with the help of zoning out and gaslighting, Tsu'laika skipped outside the marui, toying with the pearls woven into her habesha braids

The nausea reduced to a minimum, and Tsu'laika has never been more excited to see anyone since forever. Nothing was going to stop her from seeing--

"Matu ewan'eve?" Ronal crossed her arms as she ambled down the pathway to the girl, "Take your brother with you, he needs to catch up on training"

"But ma!" she objected, pressing her hands on her face

"Tsu'laika" Ronal venomously whispered, cupping her Tsu's chin as she sulked.