Chapter Four - Blind Firing

SEE A/N BOTTOM OF PAGE

"Reporting in. the transaction has been secured, and details have been submitted."

"Got it, but remind me, why we gotta bother freeing that psycho?"

"Simple, our employers want something from the Schale building. Only issue is if we step into those boundaries, we'll be head-deep in a political battle - Boss wants to avoid that. We need a third party. One that can't be pinned to any notable leads and can easily be passed on as a run-of-the-mill incident for valkyrie and the student council to clean up."

"Damn, they must be paying big bucks for this much effort. And what kinda over zealous group would risk putting that much flak? I mean, it's the fucking student council!"

"They're keeping it discrete, going by the alias of some research group - my ass."

"Enough said. I'll get my people ready."

"Rememeber, keep it discrete. We can't leave any leads. Make it look like an accident."

"Run a false flag, got it. Yeah, no worries; Fake IDs, double-check analytics, surveillance jamming, and we'll be sure to stir the pot in the media.

"God, this job better pay well."

/GSC BUILDING/UPPER LEVEL/

/11:43 AM/KIVOTOS/

/LOCKER ROOM 4/

Inside a mid-sized locker room, the four boys readied themselves - Rummaging through duffle bags, harnessing their tac gear, and calibrating any tech or devices they brought along; Everything aside from their Weapons and small personal belongings.

Following the explosive argument when Rin issued orders, the two parties were sent off to prep for the operation - much to their disagreement. Still, no one was willing to argue with the student council officer once she was ablaze.

Giving a quick yank on a zipper, Palus reached into one of the duffle bag pockets, whipping out a weathered tin can - heaving a sigh as he gave it a gentle squeeze before stowing away the rattling container in one of his vest's pockets.

Crash-!

A shattering slam against one of the lockers snapped across the room. Turning heads, Diego was on the other side, tucking away his tight scowl as he yanked his hand back from a sizeable indent on the metal - knuckles red with anger, with his face to match.

"Yo... you good?"Feng asked, tilting his cap up, revealing a shaky look of worried confusion.

Palus rolled his eyes, turning to the contents of his bag."Don't mind him... He's having a pissy fit-"

"Man, it's bullshit-! Chica already has us dealing with their problems, and then she loads us with four dead weights!"Diego stomped his way towards the others, plopping down onto one of the benches - his eyes shrewd shut and nostrils flared proportional to the rising temper."It's like one after the other-"

"Diego, don't you think you're being a bit of an ass?"Feng cocked an eyebrow, churning a slight frown as he stood up - eyeing down the bulky Hispanic man as he slinked into his plate carrier."Besides, shouldn't we be welcoming help-? You gotta cool it, man.."

"Tch- help my ass.."Diego scoffed, faking a grin as he jerked his head."She just wanted to get them outta her hair..Besides, what are four- let me remind you, high school girls gonna do to help us in a firefight?"

The sharp click of Feng's holster locking into place silenced him, tucking snugly into his fingerless gloves as he brought a hand to his chin."Well.."

Feng turned to Diego with a shrug - only to be met with a disappointed frown."Even if you give them guns, I doubt that will change much.: