Part 1 - Show Me Around

The lock of a solid front door vigorously wriggles around before a dainty pink hand aggressively shoves it open, tossing a coat onto the neighboring couch. Verosika stands aside and holds the door open for her plus one she brought along with her. Barbie Wire—a snippy, sarcastic, yet compelling roomie she became acquainted with in rehab. They often argued with each other like an old married couple and regularly complained about having to dwell in each others' company, but their dislike for each other proved to be somewhat of an ego-driven front when they eagerly awaited to reunite again after Barbie's departure from the sober house.

Barbie immediately looks around the living room in awe, whipping out a cigarette from her bag.
"Damn, Vee! Gotcha a nice place here. Definitely went for the rich bitch vibes..." she says, looking upwards. The ceilings were high, at least higher than anything Barbie has ever seen. They held lots of beautiful detailing, matching smoothly with the soft burgundy walls and black velvet corner couch. Above the room hung a silver Sputnik chandelier, complimented by the gray hardwood floors.

"Thanks," Verosika chirps. "I'd have a lot more, but I find myself not having the energy to decorate anymore these days.." she says lowly.

"Ha! Yeah I feel that, this room looks like a starter room from one of them magazines or somethin'. Hey ya mind if I smoke in here?" Barbie asks, holding the lighter in front of her cigarette.

"Yeah sure. Just don't flip ash on my floors, use an ashtray. I have them everywhere."

Barbie approaches Verosika from behind and slaps her hand on her shoulder with a grin plastered across her face.
"So," she says. "You gonna give me a tour of your fancy little celebrity headquarters? You got me all excited to see this place, so I'm dyin' to see what else ya got going on here," she chirps.

Verosika looks at Barbie with a blank expression, followed by a doe-eyed stare at the hand placed on her cold shoulder. It's been a while since she felt that familiar physical touch. She shakes it away and regains her attention.
"Uh..yeah. Yeah come on, I'll show you around," she smiles.