Part 2 - Something's Wrong

Verosika leads Barbie through a hallway into the kitchen, reaching back to put her hair up in a bun. Barbie trots up to the counters, grazing her hands over the smooth marble surface. It homed hundreds of tiny metal flakes, giving it a fantastic glittery appeal. There was a countryside window above the sink and an island in the middle of everything, accompanied by 6 burgundy bar stools.

"Ika...this is sexy...wow," Barbie coos. "Those scary kitchen ladies at the sober place would fold in half if they saw this shit. The lil' light under your microwave is prolly more expensive than the cafeteria itself," she laughs.

"Ugh Ika or Vee, pick one. You know I hate that," Verosika snarks.

"Well get used to it. Sometimes you act like an Ika, sometimes you act like a Vee, y'know?"

"No. But come on, we have other rooms to get to," Verosika sighs.

"Hey now don't rush me, I just got here. You know how long it's been since I've seen walls that weren't covered with stupid' fuckin motivational posters and heart-felt sticky notes? Let me absorb it for a minute," Barbie says, making her way towards the fridge. She swings open the door and eagerly looks inside, beholding nothing but some butter, eggs, and a few condiments. She disappointedly turns towards Verosika, a look of confusion blanketing her tired face.
'Her eye bags are darker than I remember...' Verosika thought.
"The fuck is this? How you got no food in here, what are you not eatin' again or somethin'?" she asks.

Verosika walks over and slowly closes the fridge door, giving Barbie a mildly irritated look.

"No..." she says. "I just eat out more often, and I haven't gotten groceries in a few days. I just..don't really have the energy to cook lately. That's all," she explains softly.

"Okay okay..don't worry. I won't press ya about it," Barbie winks, giving Verosika a soft squeeze on her arm before carrying her cigarette to the next room.
Verosika stays behind for another moment, watching Barbie curiously wander off. She places her hand over the spot Barbie squeezed and holds it there, releasing a despondent sigh before following her into the next room.

"No...fucking...way Vee, damn! Bitch you are fancy I tell ya!" Barbie excitedly says, looking starry-eyed and doing a full turn-around of the room.
Verosika shyly smiles, appreciative of Barbie's enthusiasm. In the middle of the room was a large, pearl-white dining room table complemented by an extensive set of matching chairs. Above it gleamed a crystal chandelier littered with hanging crystals resembling raindrops. At the far back of the room displayed a long sequence of sliding window doors that showcased a balcony over an incredible view of the city below.
"Oh Vee...oh honey this is fantastic. You host parties here?" she asks.

"Well, I used to bu—"

"And a fiiireplace oh man I bet that was a pocket-pincher. They didn't have shit like this in rehab, 'member? Living in them cold, caveman-ass rooms all the time. Like a prison!"

"Yeah...I remember." Verosika whispers, looking down at her heels. She takes a few seconds to regain her posture and looks up, eying the dreary city of lights through her balcony windows and lets out a quick sigh.
"You know—um, I'm gonna take a real quick break okay? I just need some fresh air. You're welcome to keep exploring, I won't be long." Verosika hurriedly makes her way to the sliding doors and steps outside to the balcony. She shuts the doors behind her and sighs, absorbing the buzzing sound of the city around her before zoning out on the bright lights of the tiny cars on the road.

Barbie stands there in silence, confused as to what just happened.
Did I say somethin'?" she thinks, furrowing her brows. Her cigarette begins to burn too far down to the butt, assaulting her with an awful smell. "Goddamnit," she whispers, putting it out while trying not to singe her fingertips. She sets the ashtray on the table, and looks back out to the balcony. Verosika stood there partially hunched over the ledge, looking downward. Barbie's expression softly drops as she stares at her friend looking a mess. A little more than the usual mess she normally is.
Barbie fixes her dress before making her way towards the sliding doors.