Chapter 4

2012 Mikey
"You talked with him?!"

"That's what I've been saying, Raph!"

"And you didn't get us?"

"It was late at night!"

"He knows I need my beauty sleep."

Mikey just watched the scene unfold, eating pizza.

"That's not the point I'm making, though," Donatello stressed. "The point I'm making is that Raphael—other Raphael—tried to hit him. He also threw a mini figure at his head."

Mikey stopped eating. They were bound to find out, but why so soon?

"What?!" Raph exploded.

With a yelp, Mikey was scooped up and held close to Raph's plastron, "I'm not lettin' you go back there if ya get hit."

Mikey smiled softly.

"Obviously we're not sending him back!" Donatello said, exasperated. "We're going to find Mikey, bring him back, then protect this Mikey."

"We need different names," Leonardo sighed.

Just then, Donatello's phone rang. When he saw the contact, he put it on speaker.

"You are conversing with Donatello," he answered.

"Uh, hello."

Mikey blinked, frozen. It couldn't be.

"Who is this?" Donatello asked.

"This is Donatello! I believe I have your brother?"

Mikey jumped from Raph's arms and ran to Donatello's phone, "Donnie! Donnie, it's Mikey!"

"Mikey!! Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I'm okay! These turtles are so much nicer than Raph and Leo!"

Donatello switched it to a video call and held his phone up for the other Donnie to see. All four of them stood in the frame, smiling.

"Oh, wow!" Donnie said with a wide smile. "I'd love to keep talking, but I was told by Mikey—this Mikey—to call you."

The phone was propped up against something and another version of Mikey sat on the floor. He was tucked into his painted shell, his head barely poking out. He seemed utterly distressed, his breaths shaking, indicating he was crying.
Donnie sat beside him and the other Mikey leaned into him.

"Mikey," Raph said softly. "Are you alright?"

The other Mikey shook his head slowly. He started to cry harder.

"We'll get you back soon, Mikey," Leon said. "I swear."

Just then, Donnie's lab door opened. A few garbled words were exchanged and Mikey popped fully into his shell.

"No, he's not going," Donnie said sternly.

"If he's another version of Mikey, of course Splinter would want to see him," Raph said from the other side of the phone.

"Not while he's panicking."

"Either he goes willingly, or he's gonna get a scraped shell."

"Yeah, that ain't happenin'."

Mikey turned around and saw Leon holding his odachi tightly.

"Leon, are you sure you can—"

There was a harsh thunk and the video call ended.

Leon gripped his odachi tighter. Blue etchings carved their way up the blade, glowing.

Mikey watched the happenings, eyes wide.
Slowly, Leon carved a blue oval into thin air. Once completed, he stepped through. The others followed, unsure but trusting.