Chapter 6

Just to clear confusion:

Raphael/Michel/Leo/Donnie - 2012

Raph/Mikey/Leon/Don - 2018

"You're stuck?!" Raphael yelled. He winced, but continued angrily ranting.

Leon rubbed his temples, "Do you do anything other than complain?"

"Yeah, I'm actually useful in fights," Raphael spat.

Leon looked over his bandaged injuries, "For sure."

Raphael scowled, but Leon ignored him in favour of paying attention to the Donatellos. They were trying to figure out what to do.

"How about we put this aside for tonight," Raph said with a smile. "We can watch a movie and figure this all out once we've eaten and slept."

Leon nodded and Michel said, "That sounds great."

"I'll order pizza!" Mikey said happily, running out of the lab.

"Dibs Raph!" Michel called.

Don shook his head, "Unfair. You got him the past—" he looked at his communicator—"four movie nights."

Mikey pouted, "But Doooonnnn!"

"Not buts, Angelo," Leon said, slinging an arm around his twin. "It's our turn."

Mikey crossed his arms and stuck out his bottom lip. The four made their way to the living room, leaving the other versions behind.

"What do they mean?" Leo asked. "Doesn't Raph leave halfway through? Don actually watches with them?"

"If we want to find out," Raphael said saltily, "we have to follow them, Fearless."

In the living room, the other turtles stared at what they saw. Raph was happily acting as a pillow for both Leon and Don—one arm around each. Mikey was nestled in the middle, a bowl of popcorn on his lap.

This is how they spent movie night? All snuggled together and happy? Not alone?

Leo just watched the four banter, totally relaxed. It was so alien to him. He watched Raphael slip onto the couch, trying to be as far away from the turtles as possible.

Just then, when he was about to move, he heard the dojo door open.

Leo turned around and saw Master Splinter come forward. He looked at the four brothers, then to Leo.

"Care to explain, Leonardo?"

Leo dipped his head, "I will, Sensei."

A few minutes after Leo left, Mikey ran in with three boxes of pizza. He plopped down beside Raphael on the couch before he was tugged down. Now, he sat on the floor, huddled between Don and Raph's plastron. He smiled and snuggled closer, grabbing a slice of pizza.

He heard a few people talk before there was a yelp and Donnie was also squished into the hug. His red-brown eyes were wide as he adjusted to the comfort, tentatively resting his head on Raph's shoulder.

And so they watched the movie.

Over time, Mikey and Donnie fell asleep. Mikey snored as Donnie huddled into a ball. Michel soon followed suit. Everything was calm. The only sounds were Mikey's snores and the low volume of the show they watched.

Quietly, Raphael inched closer. He scooted along the couch, keeping his ears strained for any change in noise that wasn't his own. Just when he was an inch away, the... barrel of a bō staff was right in front of him.

Raphael gasped, but hid it with a grunt. He looked around the staff to see Don's dark eyes staring at him. Don twisted a ring on his staff, then another, and pressed a button.

The sound only made by a bomb or a gun charging was clear as day to Raphael. He pushed himself back immediately, away from the purple, glowing stick.

Don pressed and held the button and the sound died down. He shot a dirty glare before his staff collapsed and he leaned on Raph again.

Fuckin' freaks, Raphael thought.

As Don fell asleep, Raphael stared at them. As he watched, he noticed the smaller differences between his brothers and these versions.

For one, Don's shell was purple. It looked to be made of metal. Did he get thrown into a battle and his shell got torn off? Did he make himself a new one? Were there scars?

Raphael shook his head.

The doors to the dojo opened and Leo stepped out. Master Splinter followed him to the living room.

"I see," their Sensei hummed, stroking his beard. "Their relationship seems much stronger than yours."

Leo narrowed his eyes, "No, my brothers and I have a strong relationship."

"Do all of you believe that?" Master Splinter asked, tucking his hands behind him. He looked at Raphael, "Do you believe you and your brothers have a strong relationship?"

Raphael shrugged, "Yeah. We fight well together."

Their Sensei shook his head, "That is not what I meant. Yes, you fight well, but that is only one aspect."

Raphael looked at the six turtles cuddled under blankets. There was a tug in his chest—a yearning for what they had. He wanted Donnie and Mikey to see him as protection from harm. He wanted Leo to rely on him. Sure, maybe he didn't want to cuddle so closely, but he wanted to protect his brothers. It was the least he could do. Raph had knocked some sense into him—punch after punch.

Maybe he'd try to be a little nicer.