Fated Phone Call

"Yes, Wooyoungie, baby love?" Changbin answered the phone.

"You are doomed, sugar cake," Wooyoung cackled through the speakers. "So, so doomed. Ah, this is so great. I told you. I told you so!"

Changbin made an inquisitive sound. Then he sighed. "What is it this time?"

Wooyoung couldn't help the evil grin on his face. This was the absolute best thing to ever happen in the eight hundred years of his vampiric existence. "There's gonna be an archeology thing in Andong City, you know, where they found Eung-tae of the Goseong Yi clan?"

"With the love letter from his wife? We had tea together for years after Eung-tae-yah's death..." Changbin hesitated. "She was great. A good poet, too. Why are you telling me this? The grave was found in nineteen ninety eight."

"Well..." Wooyoung paused for dramatic effect. "They found another grave near there. Or, a memorial. The archaeology departments of multiple universities will check it out. My sources tell me they have reason to believe it's a place of remembrance for someone whose body could not be found, but because he was a treasured artist and poet, he was 'buried,' of a sort. Thus, a memorial."

Changbin didn't reply for a moment.

Wooyoung could hear his braincells desperately trying to both reach a conclusion and then to come up with reasons why that conclusion was wrong. It was no use, of course. Wooyoung knew what the archaeologists would find, and so did Changbin. It was Changbin's grave, after all, and they had made it a habit to visit their own fake graves at least once whenever they arranged for one. Hot vampire shit.

"No," Changbin said. "Nope. They will not find those letters. No."

Wooyoung hummed. "Do you want me to be honest right now?"

"Yes I –" Changbin cut himself off. "Don't tell me there's no chance of me getting my stuff back."

Because Wooyoung made a point to be honest with his immortal friends (when it suited him), he didn't say anything.

The colourful waterfall of curse words in dialects of the past 800 years combined caused Wooyoung to wince. If Seonghwa heard this, he'd have Wooyoung's head for even knowing that some of those words existed.

"Changbinnie, sweetheart, it'll be okay," Wooyoung soothed. "I'll keep you updated, and we can go visit the grave and talk to my friend, maybe we can convince them to stay quiet about it. Besides, what's the chance of your man being interested in history? He's as old as we are, he was literally there."

"You're right," Changbin groaned. "Fuck. If I had known we'd someday have grave robbers who are going to publish my private shit for the world to see, I'd have robbed my graves myself when I had the chance."