plans plans plans

Wooyoung wrote some emails, bullied his other best friend Yeosang into faking him a history doctorate, and got an invitation to observe the excavation. He broke into Changbin's home and stole a blood bag for good measure, but this was normal Wooyoung-and-Changbin behaviour, so it was fine. Bullying Changbin into wearing a suit was another thing altogether.

"We need to look professional," Wooyoung insisted.

Changbin, in faded sweats and a soft pastel pink sweater, threw a pillow at Wooyoung. He missed.

Wooyoung changed strategy. "Don't you want to know how many letters are still there, my dove? My sugar cake? Who knows, maybe they're all mouldy and illegible..."

That woke Changbin up. "You think?"

"Very possibly," Wooyoung said with what he hoped was a soothing smile. He was lying. He had bribed Jongho to hack into the lead archaeologist's emails and he knew there were a number of (unsent love) letters perfectly readable. And Wooyoung himself had a collection of Changbin's love poetry he was more than willing to share – perks of being the best friend, and having access to the trash.

(Wooyoung was a friend of the arts.)

Changbin rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Oh, gods, I hope my shitty poetry is mouldy..."

"Come on," Wooyoung threw a white shirt in Changbin's face. "We'll be late."