2 - I choose you!

- Y/N's POV -

yawn...

Today's a new day! First day in Alola, I plan to roam over the island, maybe I'll end up getting a pokemon.

I was all ready to leave, when someone knocked the door of our home.

My mother already left for her job, so I had to open it."Hello! Are you Mrs. (y/l/n)'s daughter?"

I nodded, confused. Apparently this man knew who my mother was.

"Then you should be (y/n), I'm Professor Kukui, nice to meet you (y/n)!" He said smiling.

"Nice to meet you too. And why are you here?"

"Your mother told me that you don't have any pokemon, so when Kahuna Hala comes back you'll get your starter!" I didn't really understood what he meant..maybe my mother knows something.

"Now I should go, I have some stuff to finish. Tell Mrs. (y/l/n) that I came! Goodbye (y/n)!"

Then he left; I closed the door and went to my room. Now I can finally have some time for myself, I'm gonna explore the island a bit. I checked the clock of my phone, it was still early; 5:34. I put my phone in a small pocket and grabbed it.

I got to the city, it was full of colors and shapes! Alola was such a beautiful place, and I loved it. Then I heard a familiar voice calling from behind, I turned to see Professor Kukui walking to me. 

"(y/n)! Hey!" He called out. "Oh, hello Professor Kukui." I said, I barely knew him.

"As you are new to Alola, the Kahuna will give you your starter Pokemon, if you don't have one yet."

I gasped excitedly. "Really?! Thank you! And- who's Kahuna?"

"Kahuna Hala, he's right there." He said, pointing at the left. We walked to there, and there we met him. "Kahuna Hala, this is (y/n), she's here to recieve her first pokemon."

"I see." The Kahuna said. "Well, here in Alola we do a peculiar process. The pokemon will have to choose their trainer, as well."

I nodded, and he left the three pokemons out.

"The first one is Rowlet, grass type." He looks like an owl, but so cute!

"Next one's Litten, fire type." He looks like a cat, I love it!

"And this is Popplio, water type." He's like a sea lion and a clown! adorable!

"Then, what will you choose?" Said Professor Kukui. I was uncertain, I loved them all. I would like to have them all, but I had to make a choice. "Okay. I..."

I pointed at Rowlet. "I choose you."

It quickly flew to me, shouting. "Rowlet!" It said. I was very happy, Rowlet was my first friend in Alola. 

"Congratulations (y/n)!" Said Professor Kukui. "Rowlet choosed you. You'll be very good friends." "Thanks Kahuna Hala!" I said smiling.

"We are going to be very good friends, Rowlet!" "Row-row!"

"I need to get back soon, thank you Professor!" "Your welcome (y/n), yay!"

Me and Rowlet headed back, he seemed to enjoy being outside his pokeball, so I did so. We quickly arrived to my neightborhood, and as we walked to our home I felt someone watching me. "It's just nothing.." I said, trying to reassure myself, but Rowlet started to get worried. He turned around and so did I, three emos were following me and Rowlet. I got scared, and started walking faster, but they just didn't quit. I tried to hide at an alley, but it had no escape. I was surrounded. I had no escape. I turned around and there they were, a blue-haired guy stepped forward and spoke. "Yo, give us your pokemon yo! And we might do nothing to you yo!" Why did he spoke like that? I would laugh if it were a joke, but it wasn't.

"Rowlet, stay behind me.." I whispered, hoping that they wouldn't hear me, and Rowlet did as I told him to.

"Didn't you heard what I just said yo? Give me your pokemon yo!" "No!" I said, trying not to sound scared.

"Do you want to fight yo? If that's what you want-" "Stop it." A voice came from behind them. It was a tall boy, he looked like an emo too. He had blonde hair and green eyes, I saw him glare at the other emos. "Yo, Gladion! Long time no see yo." Said the blue-haired emo. "Leave this girl and her pokemon alone. She's obviously a beginner, and I don't think Guzma would like that." The blonde boy said. "Yo, you don't know what Guzma likes or not yo! You aren't a Team Skull member anymore yo!"

They kept talking for a bit, I was scared and didn't paying attention to what they were saying. After some minutes that felt like hours, They finally left, but the blonde. He turned to see me, and then walking away. I ran after him.

"Hey, emo boy! Wait a minute!" Eventually, he stopped. "Well...thanks for saving me. Why did you do that?" I asked. "They're idiots." He said, beginning to walk again. I followed him, staying at his side. "Can I know your name?" "Gladion." "Nice to meet you, Gladion! I'm (y/n), and this is my friend Rowlet!" "Rooww!" "Stop following me. I need to go." Then I remembered, I saw the sun and it was almost sundown, I had to hurry up.

"Oh, right! I have to go! See you around, Gladion!" I then ran to my house, my mother wasn't there yet.

I have two days until school starts, so I accommodated everything for then.

I heard the door open, my mother just came back. "(y/n), I'm back. I brought dinner." I was watching TV on the crouch, and then got to the Kitchen with my mother.

We ate dinner and went to sleep, fortunately she won't work too much everday.

A/N - Hey! This is a long chapter, but I hope I can write another one today! I hope y'all enjoying this, I find relaxing writing stories, and I really hope this story goes well! See ya next time! ^^