Chapter 10

Even though Cloudy's house was only across the road, Hyunjin was out of breath by the time he reached the wooden front door. There's fairy lights decorating the house itself, as well as the bushes and trees in front of it. Hyunjin could vaguely hear soft chatter from the inside and the scent of delicious freshly made food reached his nostrils, but with how nervous he felt, it made him a bit nauseous instead of having him crave whatever had been cooked.

He tried to repeat his mother's words again and again in his head so he could stop himself from chickening out and running back to his house. Well, he was pretty sure that his mum would kick him out and wouldn't let him in before he'd talked to Felix anyway. It was always a pleasure - being Hwang Mina's son.

After taking what was probably too many deep breaths in, Hyunjin raised his fist and with gritted teeth and furiously beating heart, he knocked three times. Maybe they wouldn't hear him, there was probably Minho's entire family there and by the sounds of it, almost everyone were talking so the chances for Hyunjin's knocks to be left unheard were quite high. Oh well, it wouldn't be his fault if nobody opened the-

'Hyunjin?', the elf jumped in surprise and his eyes widened, the reaction making Cloudy's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

'Is everything okay?', the old man continued and after a few quick blinks, Hyunjin chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head as he looked to the side.

'Y-yeah, I uh..', he gnawed on his bottom lip and with a sheepish look to Cloudy, he added, 'Merry Christmas? I realised I hadn't wished you Merry Christmas even if I worked for you this past month so-'.

Bullshit. He was speaking utter bullshit and really, really wished he had his mum by his side to give him a good slap by the head so he could get this shit together.

'Well, Merry Christmas but I am not quite sure why...'

'Hyune?', the elf's head snapped up at the voice and he immediately looked over Cloudy's shoulder, not paying any attention to him anymore. Not when Felix was standing there, with an oversized red and green Christmas jumper, the sleeves of which had his tiny fingers barely peek out from it while his ever-growing hair was tied in a messy ponytail that fell on the side of his shoulder.

If Hyunjin didn't know how to speak earlier, he sure didn't know how to do so now.

He didn't notice Cloudy looking back and forth between the two of them, but vaguely heard him saying: 'Go on, Felix', right before the old man disappeared back into the warmth of his house, leaving Hyunjin and Felix alone to stare at each other as if it was the first time ever that their eyes had met.

Hyunjin swallowed down and pushed his hands deep in the pockets of his coat.

'Hi', he said simply and watched as Felix moved even closer to him, the pleasant flush on his cheeks matching the red of his jumper so well.

'Hi', the fairy responded and his eyes widened before he quickly wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his top, getting rid of the few crumbs on his lips with an even redder face.

Hyunjin was down so bad.

'I um, wanted to talk? If that's okay? I didn't mean to interrupt your meal and family time though, sorry, I can go if-'

'No!', Felix suddenly said with a higher-pitched tone than his usual one as he grabbed one of Hyunjin's arms as if to stop him from taking a step back.

'I don't mind. We finished eating and...yeah... I don't mind, I can talk. I'd love to talk, or just listen, whatever you want. I'm glad that you're here, I mean- I don't mean-'

'Lix', he only realised that he hadn't put his gloves on when he felt the heat of Felix's cheek right against the palm of his hand the moment he softly cupped it. A small squeal escaped the blonde's lips upon the touch and God, Felix was just such a small, pretty thing that it took all of Hyunjin's self-restraint to not pull him closer and kiss him before he could even start talking about his feelings.