Chapter 11

Dating Felix was simultaneously what Hyunjin would've expected and things he didn't see coming at all. After convincing the fairy - well, there hadn't been much convincing, actually. Hyunjin only had to ask whether it's possible for Felix to stay in Santa's Village for a few more weeks since his classes wouldn't start before the middle of January anyway, for the blonde to immediately agree, as if he'd been waiting to hear this question the entire time (spoiler: he had).

In the days leading up to New Year's eve, the two of them had been pretty much glued to the sides. Every morning, whoever would wake up first, would walk across the road and knock on the other's door to ask them out on a date. Yes. Felix had insisted that they do call it a date every time, regardless of how shy and flustered Hyunjin would be to say the simple word after he'd see a sleepy Felix opening the door for him.

'Oh, the honeys are here as well.', Minho's familiar voice snapped Hyunjin out of the daze he'd found himself in while him and his boyfriend were comfortable sitting on a rusty dark blue sofa in the coffee shop they'd usually go to for most of their dates.

Felix had his small hands wrapped around a large mug filled with hot chocolate (with extra chocolate powder), five marshmallows and four pumps of hazelnut syrup, his eyelids coloured a light pink colour and his lashes looking even longer and curvier from the mascara he'd put on. Moreover, he'd applied something on the tips of those lashes which made them sparkle under the soft yellow lights hanging above their heads.

His oversized white jumper kept falling down from one side, revealing one of the fairy's shoulders and Hyunjin kept trying to hide the bare skin by pushing the fabric back up. Both because he didn't want Felix to be cold (even though the heating was all the way up in the coffee shop) and because his fingers were already trembling from the four shots of espresso he had asked for in his latte and the sight of the fairy's skin didn't help the shaking at all.

'Oh, I didn't know you're coming here today, hyungs', Felix said with a blinding smile as his brother and best friend Changbin neared their table and sat themselves down on the other blue sofa that was placed across the low wooden table.

'Well, Changbin-hyung said he badly needs coffee injected in his veins. It's his hangover medicine apparently', Minho snickered while the man in question rolled his eyes and leaned back on the sofa while spreading his legs.

'Yah, not everyone handles their alcohol as well as you. I'm pretty sure Jisung is still passed out in his bed, so I'm still better off than him', Changbin said with a quirk to his eyebrows and the shy of a smirk as he looked at Minho. Hyunjin didn't miss the way Felix's brother's ears turned a light shade of pink at the mention of the other elf.

'Well it was you who forced five shots one after another down his throat, wasn't it?', Minho retorted to which Changbin simply waved him off and focused on the waitress that stopped by their table to take their order.

The four of them fell into a natural chatter after that. Changbin was still slightly reluctant about Hyunjin, sending him subtle glares every now and again which had him on the receiving end of Felix's hardened eyes. From what the fairy has told him, Changbin was indeed way too overprotective and didn't believe that Hyunjin was good enough for Felix. Well, the elf couldn't say that he didn't agree with him on that but he was determined to prove both himself and Changbin wrong.

Once he'd told that same thing to Changbin, the other had become (a bit) more accepting of Hyunjin and Felix's fresh relationship.

On the other hand, Minho's favourite thing was to tease the two lovers every now and again.
Especially Hyunjin, to whom he'd tell 'I knew it from day one that you'd fallen head over heels but you were just too dumb to realise it.'