Charity Ball

Marinette opened her eyes the next morning and looked at the time. She then rolled out of bed and got dressed and ready for school. Tikki was already flying around the room grabbing Marinette's things and putting them into her backpack. When they were ready they ran downstairs and out of the bakery. She ran over to the school and made it inside of the classroom just as the bell rang. "I'm not late!" Marinette yelled. "Wow, there is a first for everything." Alya said teasingly. "I actually got here in time." She said breathing heavily from running. She walked up the stairs and sat down besides Alya. "Adrikins!" Chloé yelled as she walked into the classroom and immediately went to Adrien. "Did you know that my father, the mayor is throwing a charity ball tonight at eight in honor of Ladybug and Chat Noir saving his life, last week? Your father has already RSVP'd for him and you, but the invitation was only for two people But I'm sure that you can afford a ticket for your girlfriend." Chloé said smirking while shooting death glare over at Marinette. "I don't know, Chloé, those kinds of events aren't usually my thing." Adrien responded hesitantly while looking over at Marinette with a smile. "Well, if I were your 'girlfriend', it would be normal for us to attend such an event together as a couple. So it would be only natural if you and Marinette would go together if you two were a real couple." Chloé said smirking at Marinette mouthing the word 'Gotcha!' before turning back to Adrien. 'Going to a charity ball honoring Ladybug with Adrien holding my arm. We could finally use the suit design I have made for Adrien and the dress design I have for me, it would be a dream come true.' Marinette thought as she watched the encounter. 'Marinette would probably wear something that she made. And she does love fashion and this would be an amazing chance for her to see the world from my point of view.' Adrien thought as he considered the options. "Well, I suppose that I would have to ask her first." Adrien said before he walked over to Marinette who was smiling softly at him. "Marinette, would you do me the honor of going to the mayor's charity ball with me?" Adrien said as he held out his hand to her. Marinette may or may not have actually felt her heart stop. "I w-would l-love to, A-Adrien." She stuttered out happily, feeling all of the blood in her body rush to her cheeks as she placed her hand in his. "Well, there you go, Chloé. She said yes." Adrien said, he looked completely overjoyed, not as though he were being blackmailed or anything. "I suppose we will see you there, Chloé!" Adrien said smiling. "But the ball is tonight! Oh no!" She said. When she saw that the clock read '10:00', she nearly fainted. "What are we going to wear?! We have so much to do in so little time." She exclaimed as she grabbed his hand, then his bag, then her own bookbag. "Where are we going, Marinette?" Adrien asked her smiling softly. "My room of course. We must get to work if we want to look our best." She said smiling at her friends as she dragged Adrien out of the classroom and down the stairs. She then quickly made it down the street and into the bakery. "Maman, Papa, Adrien is taking me to the Mayor's charity ball but we have nothing to wear so we will be very busy." She said happily. "Okay, have fun then." Sabine said smiling at her daughter. She then took Adrien up into her apartment then up to her bedroom. She set down their bookbags gently on her chaise before taking off her purse and setting it down besides her bag. She smiled happily as she looked at him. "Let's get to work. First I need your measurements. Arms up!" She said and he chuckled before following her instructions. She took his measurements of his entire body before going and grabbing the fabric from her chest. "You are adorable, Marinette." Adrien said smiling as he wrapped his arms around her. She smiled as she melted into his embrace. "So warm, can we just stay like this forever?" She asked as he leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips. She smiled as she returned the kiss, dropping the fabric she had picked out and placing her hand onto his cheek. "We can't cuz you have to get to work, apparently." Adrien teased her. "You can play my video games if you want. This could take a while." She said as she giggled as she picked up the fabric. "Okay but if I get bored then I'm coming over and watching you work your magic." He said as she went over to her sewing table. "That's fine with me." She said as she then got to work creating their outfits.