Removing Obstacles

Alya, Adrien, Nino, and Marinette pulled up in front of the City Hall. The driver got out and walked over to the back down opening it for them. They got out and linked each other's arms as they walked in. Everything went quiet as they made their entrance. Then the reporters appeared. "Adrien, who designed those clothes that you are all wearing?" A reporter asked. "My close friend did!" Adrien said as he pushed Marinette infront of them. "My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. They were inspired by the city's heroes. Do they look werid?" She asked as she looked over at Alya and Nino. "No, they are beautiful. How long did it take for you to make them?" The reporters asked her. "To be honest. I have had the designs for a while but I didn't have a good excuse to create them until tonight. So I sorta kidnapped my friend Adrien from school and spent the entire afternoon creating them in real life. It took about six hours until all of these outfits were finished. I even designed this purse as well to go with the outfit." She said smiling as she lifted up the collar to Adrien's jacket and revealed her embroided signature to the reporters. Then turned and showed her own dress and the signature. "Plus I sign all of my work." She said giggling as she fixed Adrien's collar. "Now if you'll excuse us, there is so much fun to be had." Marinette said smiling at the reporters before grabbing her friends hands and dragging them to the dance floor. "Welcome, thank you for joining us for this charity ball honoring Paris' superheroes Ladybug and Chat Noir!" André Bourgeois said looking out at everyone. Adrien walked down the steps and looked at Marinette. "Would you like to dance with me, Marinette?" Adrien asked as he extended his hand towards her. "It would be rude not to dance, you know." Alya said looking at her. "I would love too." Marinette said, looking like a blushing mess as she takes his hand and curtsies. Marinette and Adrien walked out and into the ballroom as Alya and Nino and join them. In the ballroom, everyone is dancing the waltz. Alya set up her phone on a ledge which had a great vantage point so she captured everything. "Marinette you are one of my bestest friends in the whole world and my beautiful girlfriend ontop of that and I can't bear the thought of ever losing you." Adrien said as he looked into her eyes. "You won't ever lose me, I promise." She said smiling as their song began playing. "I love this song." Marinette said as she looked at Adrien. He smiled happily as he continued dancing with her. "I do too, Marinette. It reminds me of you, actually." Adrien said as he looked at her. Adrien put his hand in hers before placing his other one around her waist as they danced. Marinette smiled happily as they danced, everyone around them looked at the two. He twirled her around before pulling her back and dipping her gently. He held her hand and gently pulled her closer by her waist as they danced together. Adrien then twirled her around before pulling her back into his arms. He looked at her and smiled before dipping her gently. She smiled and giggled as they danced to the music. Adrien grabbed her hand and kissed it gently. She smiled as she pulled him close. She held his hand as she looked up at him. He looked down at her and kissed her gently on the lips. Marinette gasped gently as she kissed him back placing her free hand onto his cheek. He was the first to pull away and smiled at her. Then, Chloé and Lila concocted a plan and worked together to spill two bowls of decorative beads on the floor near Marinette. She and Adrien were dancing peacefully when she stepped on the beads causing her to slip and fall destroying the table behind herself. Chloé and Lila began laughing at her. Her new dress and hair were covered in food. Adrien, Alya, and Nino went to her side immediately. "Really, uncool girls, she spent hours making that dress. You two really are horrible people." Adrien said as he looked disgustedly at the two laughing girls. Alya then grabbed her phone and stopped the recording. It clearly showed Chloé and Lila purposefully spilling the beads. She posted it to the Lady Blog with the caption. 'The Satanists ruin poor Marinette's hard work. Marinette Dupain-Cheng spent hours creating our outfits for this event only for it to be ruined by a spoiled brat and a manipulative liar.' Alya wrote on the blog before she finally posted it.

Adrien helped Marinette up as Nathalie and Gabriel had arrived. Nathalie, Gabriel and The Gorilla immediately went over to Adrien and his friends. Gabriel quickly grabbed Adrien, Nathalie and together they gently took a few steps back before joining Alya and Nino were already ducking for cover behind the dessert table. "What happened, Adrien?" Gabriel asked his son. "Chloé and Lila happened, father. They work together and spilled the decorative beads that were on the table into the floor knowing Marinette and I were dancing towards them. They did it on purpose and Marinette slipped on them and fell into the food display, ruining the dress that she had spent hours making." Adrien said annoyed with the two girls. "I know first hand how it is when she gets mad. I would hate to have you get hurt in the crossfire, Adrien." Gabriel said softly. Adrien audibly gasped at his words and he turned around. "I took her words to heart and realized that she was right. I have been a horrible father to you, Adrien and it's probably too late but I would like to make up for it." Gabriel said as he hugged Adrien. Adrien hugged him back and smiled happily. Marinette took a breath before storming over to the two girls and smacking them both across the face. "I spent six hours making these outfits for tonight! You ruined mine in a matter of seconds. Do you know how much these materials cost or how much time and dedication it took to make? No because you don't care about anyone but yourselves." She yelled at them. Adrien, Alya and Nino shared a looked then looked at Marinette's dress. "I'm so sorry, Adrien. Please excuse me, I need a minute, alone." She said as she ran off and went outside. She began crying heavily as she looked at her kwami. "Tikki, I don't know what to do anymore." She said softly, she felt humiliated and isolated.