Chapter Three: Good Ol' Switcheroo

WOOOOOO AN UPDATE!!! :DD

It's genuinely been, like, two months and I sincerely apologize. I hit a massive wall of writer's block for this story and I have FINALLY gotten over it.

Enjoy the chapter!

*°•☆ ● ☆•°*

Welp, Borealis said, nothing we can do now.

"What do you mean?" Pix whispered, not bothering to make sure he wasn't talking out loud.

Borealis sighed dramatically, sounding exhausted. Once the bracelet is put on, it won't come off until it drains the power and life from the host and gets whatever it wants. Obviously.

"It's sentient?"

I told you; it's magic.

Pix groaned. "Great, so now you've killed my classmate," he said. Perhaps a little too loudly, however, as Scott definitely heard him.

"What?!" he shrieked. "I'm going to die?!"

"Uh-" Pix looked around to find everyone was staring at him, all of them either confused, concerned, or angry. "Nooo, of course not," he said, smiling nervously. "Why- why would you die? It's not like that bracelet has any evil, destructive magic inside of it." He pursed his lips when Jimmy's eyes widened.

"You're lying," he said, his voice quivering.

Pix noticed Scott's eyes watering. "I don't want to die," the cyanette whimpered. He looked down at the bracelet and pulled on it. "Oh my god, it's not coming off-" He turned around and banged his arm against the wall, screaming when the only thing that broke was probably his wrist. "Get it off!!"

Jimmy hurried to try and comfort his boyfriend, though he was struggling.

Ha! Look at them panic! Borealis laughed. I never thought I'd enjoy seeing this unfold so much.

Pix sighed. "Well, I'm glad you're having fun," he grumbled. "Are you sure there's no way to-"

"Who are you talking to?" Fwhip looked up at Pix, tilting his head to the side. He glanced over to where Scott and Jimmy were now sitting on the floor together, Scott sobbing and Jimmy trying to calm him down. "And why is Scott crying over there?"

Pix bit his lip. "It's, uh... it's a long story."

Suddenly, Scott screamed again and stood up, the bracelet glowing on his wrist. He let out a soft whine as the glow spread around his body. "Ow, ow, ow-"

This show needs popcorn, Borealis commented with a giggle.

What's the bracelet doing? Pix demaned.

Borealis groaned. You're so fucking boring, Pixie. She let out a sigh. It's draining his power to use it itself. The kid must be pretty strong, though, it usually doesn't take this long for it to suck all of the magic out of someone.

Jimmy looked up at Pix. "How do I take it off?" he asked quietly, not leaving Scott's side.

"That's the fun part," Pix's mouth said on its own. "You don't." He covered his mouth immediately as Scott let out a tired sob and leaned against Jimmy. Damn you, Borealis.

"It hurts," he mumbled. He was looking rather pale now, like the bracelet also drained at the colour from him. His fingers twisted into Jimmy's sleeve as he buried his face into his boyfriend's shoulder. "Make it stop, please-" He gasped and his head shot up, his eyes open wide and glowing white.