Chapter Four: Target Mission

I'm honest to God surprised I got this out today. I thought I wouldn't finish it until tomorrow.

Also, I was watching a 7-hour long compilation of Markiplier playing Phasmophobia with Bob, Wade, and Sean the entire time I wrote this lmao /pos

Enjoy!!

*°•☆ ● ☆•°*

"Pixl, sit down."

"No."

"I said, sit."

"I said, no!"

Joel and Pix narrowed their eyes at each other, standing on opposite sides of the common area.

"What are they fighting about?" Fwhip whispered loudly to Katherine, who was sitting on the back one of the sofas, as he munched on some crisps.

Katherine nearly jumped off the sofa, not having realized that Fwhip was even there. "Oh- Uh, I think Joel wants to preen Pix," she whispered, then giggled. "It's like he turned into a papa bird, after he lost his wings."

Fwhip rolled his eyes. "God, he's been pampering Pix all week," he grumbled. "Honestly, it's frustrating seeing how easily Pix passes up on the treatment." He tipped his head back and dumped the rest of the crumbs from the bag into his mouth. "Joel's great at caring for himself especially, but he's amazing at taking care of other people, as well," he said. "He's super into self-care, specifically to honour the gifts that the Honos gave him, but he honestly really enjoys pampering himself. And others, too, of course. He's all about honouring the Honos by constantly using his gifts and talents to their full potential. I'm sure he feels pressured into taking extra good care of Pix right now, especially after their fight and because now Pix has his abilities."

"That makes sense," Katherine mumbled, then smiled. "That's really cute. I knew he was a giant softie."

Fwhip snorted. "Softie? Yes. Giant? Ehhh, not so much," he whispered, making Katherine giggle.

Joel ended up getting Pix to sit down and let him preen his wings. The rest of the class aside from Gem, Scott, False, and Jimmy eventually accumulated with them on the circle of round sofas, asking ice-breaker questions the whole time to get to know each other more since all of their training and regular classes were cancelled.

"Your turn, Shelby," Katherine said.

Shelby hummed to herself, trying to think of something to ask. "Oh! What is your favourite food?"

Pix and Katherine both gasped before looking at each other. "Uncle Winchester's froglight fruit pie!" they said in perfect unison before laughing.

"Ugh, his pies are the best," Pix sighed, moving a little too much for Joel's liking.

Katherine nodded excitedly. "Yeah! And when he would put vanilla ice cream on top-"

"-with caramel drizzle," Pix finished, and they started laughing again. "Man, I wish froglight fruit was imported into the city for cheeper. I've been craving some since we got here."

Katherine sighed contently. "Yeah, well, the farmer's do have to make a profit somehow," she said with shrug. "It is a shame, though. Froglight fruit is amazing."

The rest of the students all exchanged looks, confusing Katherine and Pix.

"What?" Pix asked, tilting his head.

"Aren't those things poisonous?" Lizzie asked slowly.

Pix blinked. "Froglight fruit?" He shook his head when Lizzie nodded. "Tell me you live in the city without telling me you live in the city," he joked, and Katherine elbowed him teasingly in the side.