Chapter 16

Darryl

My eyes are sinking before we stop talking that night. He lets me rest against his shoulder again and I lean into him, feeling at peace with the warmth of his hand on mine.

"Bad, can I ask you something?" He asks.

I pick my head up and face the direction of his voice. "Of course!"

"Can I kiss you?"

The heat rises in my skin but I don't pay attention to it. My heart races and time slows. I take in a breath and whisper my answer, leaning in, "Yes."

His breath collides with mine and our lips almost meet when light streams into his chambers, both of us whipping ourselves around to face the door.

I feel the blood drain from my face and I freeze when I see the person in the doorway.

It's my father.

When I'm finally able to move, I use my last bit of strength to face Skeppy again but he's gone. All that's left is a bare chamber with weapons of torture.

I hear Skeppy's voice scream for me, I turn around again and see people in masquerade- wear shaking their heads in disapproval.

I feel my eyes start to water as I can do nothing but stand still as my mother takes a sword and shoves it through my gut with no emotion but disgust. Then it all fades to black as I wake up thrashing in my bed.

I bolt into a sitting position on the edge of my bed, my shoulders shaking and head in my hands.

"Skeppy," I whisper, quietly sliding into his chambers.

"Bad? What are you doing here? Are you okay? Have you been crying? You sound like you've been crying." His arms are wrapped around me in seconds and I melt into him, trying not to cry loudly.

"I-I'm sor-ry," I sob, "it was so-horrible..."

He hushes me gently and rubs circles into my back, "You don't need a reason to cry, sometimes it's too much. It's alright Bad,"

"It's scary," I whisper, "it's all so scary."

"I know," he whispers, holding me tighter, "trust me Bad, I know."

I cry into his shoulder for some more time, and eventually wipe my nose and pull away. "Sorry," I find myself saying.

Skeppy brushes a hand to my face and wipes my cheek with his thumb, brushing away some tears. "It's alright Bad, you can always come to me if you need anything."

I sniffle and hug him again. "Thank you 'Geppy, you're amazing." I whisper.

"Of course. Don't be afraid to talk about your feelings to me." he says softly, "that's how we became friends in the first place."

I close my eyes tight and press my face deeper into his chest, welcoming his smell of faint dirt entering my lungs.

———————————

Holy shart dude I thought I posted chapter 16 lmao anyways yea tonight I speedran writing 17 so I'll post that maybe tmrw???? Anyways it's 12:40 and Olive decided to sleep in my bed tonight :D

Gn guys!
-Sunny