2 (edited)

"Where are those bloody keys!?" I groaned in frustration, searching my pockets for them.

"Finally." I mumbled, and opened the door to my house.

I slid my trainers off and placed them on the entry mat, and placed the keys on the key holder on the wall. I stretched, yawning tiredly.

God, I'm knackered.

Looking up, I screamed loudly at the sight of the familiar curly-haired lad sitting on my sofa. I placed my hand over my chest, my heart beating fast.

"Harry! What the hell!?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. You alright?" He apologised.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I muttered, and sat down with him on the sofa. I turned on the Telly and saw that Full House was on. Coincidentally enough, they made an American version of the show that aired last year.

"Pipkins is still on, right? I completely forgot about that show." He asked me.

"Nope." I sighed and rested my elbow on the sofa arm, my palm pressed against my cheek.

"Nice, because those puppets were bloody terrifying." He admitted, crossing his arms over his chest.

We watched the show for a few more minutes, laughing at the jokes being told.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, interrupting my Telly watching. I got up and answered it, seeing Grayson.

"Hello, mate. May I come in?" I nodded and stepped aside to let him inside the house.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked him, sitting back down.

"I was wondering if you could babysit Alfie tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment and can't have him waiting alone in there. Usually my brother has him during the week, but he has some errands to run." He requested.

"Of course! What time will you be going?" I questioned, wrapping my arm around Harry's shoulder.

He furrowed his brows for a second, looking at Harry, thinking, before saying, "Actually, do you and Harry want to babysit? You could both watch him together, just for greater attention."

"But papa—" He immediately covered the little boy's mouth with his hand, stopping him from saying what he was about to say.

I looked over at Harry who already had his eyes on me. He nodded, agreeing.

"I guess that's a yes." I responded, making him smile in satisfaction.

Later that night, I tried studying again, but was too exhausted. I wanted to take something to boost my energy, but they would keep me up much longer, which isn't a healthy thing.

Then again, nothing I've done has ever been healthy.

I groaned in frustration, resting my head in the palm of my hands.

Why is uni so hard?

I lifted my head up and sighed deeply.

"Fuck it." I got up and went to get the pills, but not before something caught my eye.

I peeked out the window, seeing a person standing outside.

"What the—?"

The person was wearing what looked like a hooded jacket, but I couldn't see his face. His figure was male-like, but not one I recognise other than myself.

I opened the window, squinting in pain, as the window sometimes struggled to pull up.

Once successfully opened, I pushed my head through to confront him, only to see that he wasn't there anymore.