5

LOUIS

The last few days went by like a blur, and I want to say that my fear has decreased a tad, but unfortunately, it has not.

The fear was still there, even for the outside world as days go by, and it made me wish the police would just work harder.

"Alfie?"

"Yes, uncle Lou?" the little 5-year-old questioned, his eyes concentrating on watching Mr Benn.

"Who left the door opened?" My voice trembled in fear, asking.

"Didn't you?" He questioned, turning his head to me, then back to the Telly.

"No, I didn't." I truthfully deny, peering around before closing it.

I roamed the house, searching to see if anyone or the stalker broke in.

"Alright, bath time." Turning the Telly off and yawning, Alfie stood up from the sofa and walked towards me, raising his arms up for me to carry him.

I picked him up and carried him upstairs to bathe him.

___

It was a warm afternoon, the sun shining brighter than ever.

Sometimes I would go for a walk around the neighbourhood to clear my mind. It was something I've been doing it for a few years now, and it has helped me a lot to feel less stressed and get some clarity.

As I walked, the birds were chirping, singing their joyful tunes as their voices blended in with the pleasant breeze that whistled in the air. The wind hit my face gently, gliding upon my skin like waves in the sea.

It went silent after a while, the birds no longer chirping. There was nothing but silence, which began to scare me.

At first, nothing seemed off. Until suddenly, I began to hear footsteps. I quickly turned around, but saw no one.

I took a deep breath and continued to walk, thinking it was just my feet being mistaken for someone else's footsteps.

The sound of walking was heard again. This time it was more clear than the first one, making it obvious that it wasn't my own feet.

My heart began to race, and I paced my speed, beginning to walk faster. The footsteps got louder and closer to me, and without thinking, I turned around and attacked.

The person groaned as I hit him repeatedly, not stopping. He pushed me off and got up, then sprinted away.

"That's right, you wanker, piss off!" I shouted loudly, pushing my hair back, breathing heavily.

I looked over and saw a woman standing by her car, looking at me with fear in her eyes, before rushing into her house.

Just brilliant. Can't even defend myself against people these days.

The next day, I walked into the house to see Grayson and Alfie talking.

"How am I supposed to do that though, papa?" I heard Alfie ask his father.

"You have to try, alright? Just act like nothing's going on. We're doing what we can. Just don't say anything, promise me?" Grayson eagerly begged him.

Alfie looked up at me, which made Grayson do the same. "Oh, hello mate! How was your day?"

"It was fine, I guess. What are you two chatting about?" I asked, curiously, placing the bag of items from the Supermarket onto the countertop.

"Oh, nothing, just chatting. Right, Alfie?" The blue-eyed little boy stared at me with severe concern in his eyes, not uttering a word until his father brought him back to reality.