6

"You need to relax, alright? I'm certain the police are doing everything they can." Grayson assured me, but I didn't want to hear any of it.

"No, no, they need to call me now! This is insane! Two months and still nothing! That man could be planning my kidnapping, or worse, my murder!" I exclaimed angrily, almost having the urge to break something.

"Louis, just breathe—"

"Don't bloody tell me to fucking breathe!"

They jumped up, startled by my sudden outburst. The people in the cafe turned their heads to us, concern in their eyes. I took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry. I'm...I'm sorry, I have to go." Grabbing my keys and taking one last sip of my tea, I left, hopping into the car and driving away. I didn't know where I was going or who I was going to, but there was no turning back for me.

In what seemed to have been an hour, but was only 15 minutes, I turned into the back of the tall building that Jackson told me to park in for some reason. Fleetwood Mac was playing on the radio as I parked the car in the car park, which was soon turned off along with the engine.

The warm Spring weather hit my body as I stepped out, closing the door.

Hopefully he's here.

The lady at the desk, Alisson, checked me in once I told her what I was in for, and wasted no time in going to his office.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" The golden brown-haired lad asked me, caught off guard by my appearance. I didn't say anything for a while, which made me question why I came here in the first place.

"I just need someone to talk to right now. I feel like I'm completely losing my mind." I finally respond, hoping he would let me.

He twisted his lips in thought, which made me want to scream because of how impatient I was. He soon gestured for me to sit, making me sigh in relief.

I sat down in silence, looking around his office and noticing some things I hadn't before.

A coat rack, currently empty, stood next to the entrance of the door. Aside from the border and coat rack, there were potted plants strategically placed throughout the room. The plants, which numbered five in total, were placed on opposite sides of the door, one on the desk near the lamp, and the others next to a small recliner that looked to be new.

A coffee table was next to the recliner, and on it was the bottle of shoe polish that had caused the previously mentioned odour.

"Whenever you're ready, Louis." Dr Murphy spoke, snapping me out of my distracted observation.

I rubbed my hands on my knees, the words I want to say on the tip of my tongue, but couldn't seem to get them out.

"It's just— it's just been a tough few months for me. I feel like I'm helpless. That no one can help me and I'm just a broken boy like I was back then." He listened on as I spoke, his face showing full concentration.

"This whole thing is just— like, why does it have to be me? What did I do to be targeted and get no help!?" I cried. "If he hadn't died....if I had just listened, he would still be alive! I wouldn't be going through this. It's all my fault. It's my fault!" Feeling so overwhelmed, I didn't feel the tears rolling down my face until I felt a single tear hit my trousers.

"Louis, nothing is your fault. You didn't know that the tree would make him fall." He tried to convince me, but I refused to let him do that. It was my fault. It was all my fault, and now I was paying the price for it.

"It is my fault. I feel like I am my worst enemy." My voice choked out, saying. I sniffed and wiped the tears with my sleeve.

"Well, you know what they say, right?" He questioned, and I shook my head, not knowing the answer.