Motorbikes and spray paint

"Nothing's wrong with spray painting a motorbike!" Jackson argued, his hands flaying at his sides.

The other students in the crowded hallway ducked beneath his hands scurrying passed the pair. Worried glances and odd stares were tossed their way but neither Jackson nor Xavier seemed to care.

"Unless it's neon colours," Xavier muttered. One hand left his hip to pinch the bridge of his nose in exasperation. "JK, you can't spray paint it yellow, okay? You aren't Sabine from Star Wars."

The other rose a dark eyebrow. "Says who?"

"Look, bro, this is my rep at stake," Xavier said, ignoring the ring of the bell. "I don't want to be seen with some freakish clown bike."

A freshman nearly knocked into Jackson's arm. "Look! There's the girls! Let's ask them to settle this, okay?"

"Fine," Xavier sighed.

"Wanna bet on it?"

"Oh, you're on."

They shook hands.

"Hey, Danny!" Jackson called out as the two girls approached them.

Daniella took one look between the two boys, tugged on the strap of her bag, and then rolled her eyes.

"Yeah ... no," she continued walking.

Xavier watched her go, her lone figure a bright red dot amongst the sea of students, her shoulders bunched and head bobbing to the music in her earphones. He loved how carefree she was in her own little world.

"Hey Becks," Jackson turned on his full charm, complete with a killer charm. Xavier already knew this would end badly. After all, it was no secret they both had a crush on each other, yet neither seemed to want to man up and go for it.

"Hi guys," Becky smiled cautiously, tucking a loose brown curl behind her bright yellow hooped earring.

"Say, what is your opinion on spray painting some motorbikes?"

Xavier wanted to hit his best friend.

"Oh cool!" Becky exclaimed, eyes brightening. "Whose doing? I wanna help!"

Jackson grinned, holding out his hand. Xavier slapped a five in his palm.