An Interview with Xavier - Halloween Edition

Interviewer: I know what you're thinking -- What's going on? 

Am I right?

Author:   (rolls eyes) 

Of course I'm going to ask that! You just threw me in a sack and brought me here to this ... place!

Interviewer: What happened to being untraceable? And "this place" is one of your inventions. It's the studio we use for hiding our characters in. 

Author:    (crosses arms) 

Oh yeah.  That's right. 

Can we just start already?

Interviewer:  But I was having so much fun! Why must you always do this?!

Author: (waves hand boredly)

Shut up and call the first guest before I erase you from existence. 

Interviewer:  (Clears throat) (Turns to audience)

Welcome guys to SASSI! The place you, the reader gets to learn more about your your favorite girl and the hell of a drama that follows her! 

I'd like to introduce our guest for today's interview and short story . . . We all know him as a rich guy's son, the handsome, the moody and the ridiculously good sports car driver please give a warm welcome to-

Author:   XAVIER RAYS!

Interviewer: (Scowls at Author)

That was my line!

Xavier: (Waves and winks at audience) (Sits on a chair brought)

Good day guys, it's a pleasure being here! I'd like to start this before you two get into another fight.

Author and Interviewer: Who us? Neverrr.

Xavier:   (shakes head)

Of course you don't.  

Interviewer:  Xavier, we know quite a handful about you but nothing more. Who are you exactly Mr Rays? Care are to share anything else before we start our first episode. Like a bit about your family. 

Xavier:  Well we all know the only reason I agreed to come for this interview is to get away from my dad ... If that's what you're asking. 

Interviewer:  (frowns)

No ... actually we were -- Okay I'm pretty sure it's Danny who convinced you to attend this show. You aren't fooling anyone Rays.

Anyway, this week's chapter says Halloween, so tell us about your first hallway party with Danny and both your gangs. We're interested to see this from your point of view.  To keep things interesting, you know? 

Xavier:  Alright so we're not part of a gang, but anyway here's what happened . . .

*****

I grab all my books hastily stuffing them in my bag, not caring how squished the pages are going. My stationery is dumped in next, calculator falling with a wincing thud. I don't look back, heaving my bag over my shoulder and bulldoze passed the spill of other students until I'm out of class and far far away from Roses's best friend.