Part Four

"So I was thinking..." Frank starts and he's not quite sure just how to go about asking Gerard, but he bites the bullet and starts talking as they're sprawled out on Gerard's bed. Mikey's away at Ray's for the weekend and Frank thought it would be a good idea for them to spend the time at Gerard's house for a change. Frank's resting his head on Gerard's chest, warm and comfy.

"Hmm?" Gerard asks as he strokes at Frank's hair, his fingers rubbing at the black strands.

"The aquarium is having a day where the public can pay to swim with a few species of fish." Frank continues and Gerard keeps pulling at strands of Frank's hair and he decides that's a good sign, he's not stopped his motions and refused to even hear Frank's plan. "I was thinking that maybe, to help you with your fear, we could swim?" Frank says slowly and in a tone that is totally not pushy or controlling.

He feels Gerard hum under his ear that is resting on his chest and he leans up to place a kiss on his collar bone.

"I need more info. Carry on..." Gerard states and Frank smiles before kissing at the exposed skin again.

"It's a pool we have at the centre. It's like, circular?" Frank describes the best he can and Gerard nods, listening. "We transfer some of our sting rays from their tanks to the pool, so people can get a chance to feed them in the tank?"

Gerard nods. "I'll do it." He nods and Frank sits up with a shocked expression on his face.

"You'll do it? Just like that?" Frank asks, disbelieving.

Gerard nods again. "I trust you." Gerard sits up slowly and leans in to kiss Frank gently on the lips and then again on the cheek. Frank hums in satisfaction.

"Really? You don't have to. It was just an idea?" Frank adds again but Gerard shakes his head.

"No, it'll be good for me, right?" Gerard half tells himself, half asks.

Frank smiles and nods before leaning over and kissing at Gerard's lips, soft and slow and safe.

A few days have passed and this exact moment has been toying with Gerard, playing on his mind over and over on repeat, like he's lost the remote or the batteries have run dry. Gerard's stood in a damn wetsuit, next to a pool looking absolutely terrified.

Frank's stood next to him and thankfully, he's managed to grab half an hour where the pool is vacant apart from the pair of them. He figured Gerard would be a lot more relaxed if they were alone, just in case he freaked.

"You ready, Gee?" Frank asks as he takes his boyfriend's hand and laces their fingers together.

Gerard's still staring at the large sting rays that are swimming around in the pool.

Frank squeezes his fingers a little to gain his attention and when his head snaps round, he nods. "Y-yeah. Fuck."

"You don't have to do this, remember that babe." Frank speaks, stern and voice full of concern.

Gerard nods again. "I can do this. I - fuck!" He gasps as he moves closer to the pool, slowly letting his feet nearer the water. When he does reach the top step he stops and looks around at Frank watching him.

"You can do this..." Frank encourages and Gerard nods again before holding out his hand for Frank to hold again. He walks forward and takes Gerard's hand before they start to step slowly in to the pool.

Gerard gasps when he feels the first wave of water hit his legs. It's cold, of course it's cold because there are damn sting rays in the pool. He quickly throws those thoughts out of his head though, and turns to Frank who is just next to him, still holding his hands and takes a deep breath. They walk a little further until they're down the steps and the water is up to their hips. Gerard takes another long and deep breath and Frank squeezes his hand again, just to let him know he's there.