Part Six (ending)

Gerard's sure he hasn't been this afraid since that time Frank made him stand in the pool at the aquarium with the sting rays that time and as the boat they're on rocks a little more on the sea, Gerard is pretty sure the moment he gets back on to land is the moment he will kneel to the floor and kiss the solid ground he's forever taken for granted.

"You sure this is okay?" Frank asks as he looks around to Gerard, who looks like he's going to puke at any moment.

Gerard nods but Frank scoots closer to him on the small boat and wraps an arm around his middle.

"I don't have to do this, you know. I can just watch from the boat..." Frank offers but he knows that he will be disappointed if Gerard tells him that's what he wants.

Gerard shakes his head. "No, you've wanted to do this forever. We're here and it's something you're going to do." He commands and Frank leans forward to kiss his boyfriend's cheek.

"I promise I won't be long. The boat is safe and there are no sharks in this part of the ocean, I swear!" Frank reassures but Gerard only scoffs and rolls his eyes. Sharks, the one word he really could have forgotten just for today.

"You will be fine, I promise baby." Frank concludes and leans forward again to catch Gerard's cheek with his lips but instead, he finds his mouth as Gerard moves his head around. The kiss is soft and reassuring and Gerard isn't sure if the butterflies in his stomach are because of the way Frank is kissing him so tender and delicate or if it's the worry of being out at sea. He's going to go with the way Frank is kissing him, because at least that is something good to hold on to in a few minutes when the boat starts to slow and he knows Frank is going to have to leave him.

The boat does start to slow down as Frank pulls back from the kiss and looks around.

"You ready?" Nicky calls from the front of the boat where he's been controlling and Frank nods, grinning like a fool. Gerard sighs and reaches up to kiss Frank as he turns around and cups Gerard's chin in his hands.

"It will all be fine, baby." Frank says as he brushes the slight stubble on Gerard's chin with his thumb. Gerard nods and reaches for another kiss.

As Frank pulls back he reaches for a pair of flippers and attaches them to his feet. Gerard laughs a little and watches as Frank takes a pair of goggles and snorkel and puts them on his face. Frank turns around to grin at Gerard once more before putting his mouth piece to his lips and slowly lowering himself in to the water.

Nicky is already in the water so as Frank leaves the boat, he's left alone. Gerard watches as Frank swims away and kicks his flippers and he's trying, so hard not to freak out. The water isn't deep where they are because the reef is pretty visible in shallow waters so it's not as if there is even much water below the boat, but Gerard is convinced he can hear the Jaws theme tune playing somewhere in the distance. He shakes his head and reaches over to his bag to pull his phone out and for some crazy reason, he's got signal. He grins and almost kisses his cell before pulling up a blank text page and starting to type.

Mikes! We're here, sorry I couldn't text you yesterday but we have no signal on the island we're staying on. Currently sat in the middle of the damn sea, watching Frank snorkel. Yeah, I know, he's crazy. I'm scared bro! I'm sure I can hear the Jaws theme tune so if I don't come back home safe, you know I'm somewhere in a sharks belly. I kid, I'll try and text you again but I don't really plan to be on another boat this week. Miss you, see you soon! Oh, and sorry for waking you, it's what, like ass o clock there? Love you!

Gerard presses send as soon as he's finished typing and fuck yes because it sends right away and Gerard is grinning. He quickly checks his emails too, not giving a fuck about how much it's costing him because he finally has signal and it's only been a day since he was without but he's yet to care.