Meanwhile

WARNING THIS CHAPTER IS THE JUST THE FRIST 14 MINUTES OF THE MOVIE AND IS 1865 WORDS LONG READ AT OWN RISK

Jake: When I was l lying there in the VA hospital, with a big hole blown through the middle of my life, I started having these dreams of flying. I was free. Sooner or later, though, you always have to wake up.

monitors beep around jake as he is lying in a pod

Jake: In cryo, you don't dream at all. It doesn't feel like six years. More like a fifth of tequila and an ass-kicking. Tommy was the scientist, not me. He was the one who wanted to get shot light-years out in space to find the answers. "Are we there yet?" jake asks one of the medical tecs taking him out of cryo

Med tec: "yeah, we're there, sunshine. We're there."

*flashback*

AGENT 1: "It's about your brother."

Jake: So, a week before tommy's gonna ship out, a guy with a gun ends his journey for the paper in his wallet."

*Flashback

Med tec: "You've been in cryo for five years nine months and twenty-two days. You will be hungry. You will be weak. If you feel nausea, please you the sacks...

Jake: Yeah, Tommy was the scientist. Me I'm just another dumb grunt going someplace he's gonna regret. Up ahead was Pandora. You Grew up hearing about it, but I never figured I'd be going there.

*flashback*

Agent 2: "Your brother represented a significant investment. We'd like to talk to you about taking over his contract."

Agent 1: "And since your genome is identical to his, you could step into his shoes, so to speak. 

Jake just sits there watching as his brother is cremated 

Agent 1: "It'd be a fresh start on a new world."

Agent 2: "And the pay is good. Very good."

*Flashback end*

Jake is now aboard a Valkyrie shuttle heading for Hell's Gate

Flight crew: "Exo-packs on! Let's go! Exo-packs on!"

Assistant: "Exo-packs on! Let's go!"

Flight crew: "Rember, people, you lose that mask, you're unconscious in 20 seconds, dead in 4 minutes. Let's nobody be dead today! Looks very bad on my report.

Pilot: "Hell's Gate tower, this is TAV 1-6 on approach. Crossing outer Marker. Mine is in sight."  

Jake: One life ends, another begins

Flight crew commander: Harnesses off! Get your packs! Put it together, let's go! Let's go! 

Flight crew: Harnesses off! One minute! 

Flight crew: "When that ramp comes down, go directly into the base. Do not stop! Go straight inside. Wait for my Mark! Go, go, go, go! Get out of there! Keep moving! Let's go, Let's go!

all of the soldiers fall out of the ship in order jake waits for them to pass before grabbing his fold out wheel chair 

Hell's gate soldiers 1: Well, well, ladies. Look at all this fresh meat! Whoo!