two /// my friend

Is this truly what I desire?

Or does that smell of his control my senses?

Every bone and muscle in my body is screaming to act, screaming to put my hands on him.

But that can't be me, right? I don't desire that.

Can emotions this passionate be because of a smell?

Maybe they amplify my existing feelings. Maybe I do want this.

Maybe the smell is an invitation to let go.

| | |
two /// my friend

"From this day forward..." Minato announced, pressing the dull part of his sword against the young boy's armored shoulders. "You are to devote your life and soul to the protection and well-being of my son."

Sasuke kept his body straight and his lips scrunched up. The young Uchiha had deep onyx eyes that matched the fluffy black hair on his head. The dark colors contrasted against his snow white skin. His characteristics were a classic staple of the powerful Uchiha clan.

"This is a grave responsibility that must be taken with the utmost seriousness. My son has the blood of Konoha's strongest warriors flowing through his veins." Minato looked down on the stoic Uchiha. "One day, he will birth the heir to my position. Do you understand, boy?"

Naruto, who stood beside his father, scrunched his lips up at the little speech. "So sorry to interrupt but I am the heir already!"

"Shush, child." Sakura nudged him on the shoulder. She understood that this cresting was far beyond the trivial goals of an eight year old.

Minato ignored the bickering children and finished his lecture. "It is important to preserve his health and protect him from any alphas wishing to breed with him. The next heir will not be shared with just any peasant in the village, that is certain."

Sasuke nodded without saying a word.

Pleased, Minato smiled at the young boy and retracted his sword. He charged the sword back in his scabbard by the hilt and bowed his head slightly. "I hope you will not disappoint, Sasuke Uchiha."

With that, he left the room, his metal armor shoes clanking against the floors. The three children didn't utter a word until he turned the corner, the echoes of his armor ceasing. Naruto grinned toothily at the straight faced Uchiha, waking over to him with his hands folded behind his back.

"Don't listen to what my geezer of a father says. I'm in no need of protection." He shook his head. "He doesn't need an heir because I'm going to pick up the mantle myself."

Sakura scurried to her young master. "Don't make remarks like that! He could get you in trouble with your father."

"Pshh. I doubt that." The blond waved his hand dismissively. "You won't tattle on me, will you raven?"

Finally, the Uchiha boy spoke back. "My responsibility is to protect you. I have no interest in getting you in trouble if it won't benefit your security."

"See! He's harmless!" Naruto wore a smug smile. "I beat him in a sword battle anyway! He couldn't tattle if he tried!"

Sasuke's eyebrow twitched. "I was going easy on you."