three /// the journey

I find it troubling how their relationship continues to grow without boundaries. I fear the line between servant and master are becoming awfully blurred.

If they maintain this closeness, the most vulnerable of the pair will develop a dependency. They won't be able to live without the other.

They will be forced to part one day. And when that day arrives, the truth will become clear.

But, for now, I will keep this premonition to myself. After all, who am I, a mere beta maid, able to comment on the affairs of an alpha and omega?

I hope the consequences won't be too dire.

I hope he doesn't hurt him.

| | |
three /// the journey

Sasuke rushed through the hallways of the manor in a panic. He clutched the bright-eyed omega to his chest, whose tan skin undertook a pasty white. Sweat rolled down the blond's forehead and his lungs felt like they were collapsing; he was more out of breath than the sprinting raven.

With Naruto's room up ahead, Sasuke skirted along the floor and nearly skinned his shoes. He quickly flung the door open to be greeted with darkness. Each window was drawn shut and any light that bore in was from the crescent moon.

"Mmm... Sasuke..." the blond groaned. He bunched up the fabric of Sasuke's shirt with his weak grip. "It's cold..."

"Don't fear, we made it to your room now. Everything will be alright," Sasuke repeated. He carried Naruto to his bed and carefully laid him down on the mattress. He brought the covers up and tucked the shivering boy in, smoothing down his forehead with his palm.

Naruto settled into the comforting warmth of his bed and feel asleep instantly. His hurried pants slowed down to uneven breathing as Sasuke combed his hair with his fingers. He sighed in relief but worry still painted his face. How many times a month did he have to do this?

It's been nine years since Sasuke was tasked to protect Naruto with his life. Those nine years have been filled with combat practices and reading sessions. Both have improved significantly in each practice, but Naruto's health worsened. It was becoming very difficult to train through cough attacks and blurry vision.

But the blond always insisted and, as per usual, Sasuke could never say no. This was his dream and he wanted a part in making it a reality for Naruto.

There was a spark of light from the other side of the bed until a small fire broke out. Sasuke flinched when the light revealed a less than pleased Sakura holding a lantern. Her lips were scrunched up and eyebrows were furrowed grumpily.

"Oh, good evening, Sakura..." Sasuke greeted sheepishly.

"It is most certainly not a good evening, knight." Sakura snarled. "I agreed to keep your little training sessions a secret as long as it didn't endanger Naruto."

She peered down at her young master. His skin returned to that deep tan color, but now his cheeks flushed red and his temperature rose. Sakura shook her head.

"This doesn't look safe. I do not approve of such affairs anymore." She placed the lantern on the bedside table and crossed her arms. "I believe you know what the appropriate approach is."