Chapter 63: The Help of Demeter VI

Chapter 63 
The Help of Demeter VI

(Demeter's P.O.V)

Finally, we finished preparing the dinner, and everyone is ready for a meal. Turkey, fruits, wine, and more, that was the food for that coming dinner. But we realized that it's been too long since Charles didn't come back yet, so with wonder, Terry asked...

"It's been almost an hour since Charles didn't came back."

But Neal replied...

"Maybe, Jane isn't arrived yet. Let's wait for a while."

Neal was right, or maybe. So, that's what exactly what we did, we wait for Charles and Jane, and didn't touch that food when both of them is not yet arrived. We've been waiting for too long, and we don't know what happened to them. We already wondered why they didn't come back yet, so, I already told them...

"What happened, this is so strange right now."

Then, Neal decided to go where Charles is waiting, so, he told us...

"Just wait right here, I will go to him and see what happened."

But, as Neal will about to leave and went outside, exactly, Charles arrived and entered the house. But we were surprised from what we saw from him. Aside from Jane was not with him, we saw his eyes were in tears. We were intrigued from what happened to Charles, that time, Neal, the worried father, asked him...

"What happened, my son?"

But Charles just remained silenced, and his tears are kept on falling from his eyes. Neal yelled at him when his son didn't answer him, not from anger, but because of perturbation...

"Answer me! What happened?"

Then, Charles finally replied that made us upset...

"It's Jane, she broke up with me."

All of us were speechless and broke for Charles as well. It was all sudden and unexpected, even if I have met them just days ago, I can feel their true love for each other. I don't know the reason, but I can feel that there is something behind all of these. That's why I asked him without hesitation...

"Can you tell us why, Charles?"

But, instead of telling us what happened, he can't take the pain that he felt anymore, so he just went in his room without telling any single word for us. We are just there, standing and felt bad for him. Then, as Charles is already in his room, the three of us decided to follow him, not because of we will interrupt him, but we will comfort him.

As we opened the door, we saw him crying in his bed, while the darkness was consumed his whole room. Neal was in sadness for his son, I and Terry felt the same way. Then, I stared to Neal and nod my head as a signal that he must sit behind Charles to comfort him. We are just standing at the opened door while staring at Neal approaching his broken son. Charles is kept on grieving, for he really loves Jane so much. As Neal already sit beside him, he told Charles...

"My son, I don't even expect that all of this is going to happen. But, that's life you know, it is not always about happiness. Sometimes we will face sadness and disappointment. But tragedy came not because to destroy us, but to make us learn and stronger."

But Charles can't control the anger he felt as well. It's because of Johnny, the father of his lover, their relationship is ended. So, he speaks to all of us with anger...

"It's because of his arrogant father! Why will he not let us love each other freely and happily?"

Neal was not surprised when he heard that it was Johnny who is the reason of everything. But he asked the reason...