Chapter 13 (End)

"Hub- Rosie?"

"Mmm?" The blonde replied without giving a glance back at the brunette.

"Come back to bed"

"I got some work, Jen, you go ahead I'll join you shortly"

Jennie sighed, biting her lips to control her tears and keep them at bay, it had been a month since Roseanne had been drowning herself with work and ignoring her, Jennie was trying to understand the situation and give her some space but it was getting hard to see the empty space beside her bed and how lonely she feels the next day when Roseanne leaves home for work and comes back late.

"Rosie?"

"Jennie, please" that tone she used as if she was completely sick of her presence near her and that hurt her more than Roseanne ignoring her.

"Can you spend some time with me?" Jennie snapped gaining the attention of the blonde.

Roseanne furiously slammed her palm on the table and turned around, for the first time that night Jennie saw her eyes, so exhausted, with dark circles and tiredness is visible on those beautiful orbs, but at the same time there is also a sudden unexpected anger towards her, Jennie flinched at the contact and took a step back. Roseanne noticed the change and the frightened look on her wife's face and took a deep breath, eyes softening a little to thaw her anger.

"Look, Jen. You know how this project is so important to me, can't you endure yourself and wait until it's done?"

"Endure? So you are aware how much this is hurting me, wow" Jennie scoffed sarcastically.

"I'm not hurting you, Jennie. You just need to understand me here"

"I am trying to, but every day feels like you are drifting apart"

"what do you expect, Jennie? I can't bunk this project, you know that"

"I am very aware of that, but can't you make some time for me? You can't find at least five minutes to talk with me? Did you ever think about me in these 20 or 26 days since you started this fucking project? You never come home, never sleep beside me, my calls are moved to voicemail, my texts are seen and ignored and lastly, you forgot the date you promised, This isn't you Rosie" Jennie yelled frustratedly, not recognizing the person in front of her.

"Jennie, oh God why are you being such a child and when did you become so selfish" Roseanne ran her hand through her blonde locks and turn away from her before speaking to the brunette who is suddenly avoiding her eyes and looking down. "Fine, I'll give you the five minutes you asked-"

"you used to love my childishness" Jennie's voice came out broken and tears left her eyes soon she was trying to hold on to the lump in her throat which is holding back a sob. "you love keeping me in your arms, you love to listen to my rant, you love skipping work to come to me, even though I scold you for it all the time, what is happening between us? are you-" Jennie swallowed thickly before looking at Roseanne who took a step to hold her but Jennie flinched back. "Are you falling out of love?"

"Jennie, it's not-" Roseanne again took a step to hold her but Jennie slowly moved back.

"I just missed you, Rosie, but seems like I totally lost you"