Ice Bath in Malta

Alessia couldn't wait to be back with the team. The new year starts with a training camp in Malta. She would be lying if she said she did not miss her teammates, especially a certain Spaniard.

Taking her usual spot on the plane next to her best friend Tooney. Shortly after taking a seat a GoPro was shoved in Alessia's and Ella's faces and they heard Millie's cheerful voice shout.
"Tooney, Less smile for the camera."
Thinking Millie was going to take a cute picture of them, they posed cutely. They didn't realize Millie was recording until she started to cackle. "It's a video." Which made all three of you laugh. Millie moved on saying something about torturing the foreign players with hard English words.

Alessia zoomed out until she heard one of her favorite sounds in the entire world which put a soft smile on her face.
Millie was making Ona pronounce the English words. Every time the Spaniard butchered a word, she would laugh at herself. Alessia turned in her seat so she could glance at Ona. Ona caught Alessia's eyes and winked at her. The forward turned back to face the front of the plane, blushing furiously.
Has Ona winked at her?
"You're okay Mate? you seem flustered."
Ella asked curiously.
"What no... I'm fine it's just hot in here."
Alessia stuttered.
Luckily, Ella dropped the subject, but she didn't seem to believe her. Alessia decided to look out the window trying to stop thinking about the cute Spaniard a couple of seats behind her.

When the plane landed and the whole team got out of the plane. Alessia walked down the stairs of the plane. The clumsy person Alessia is she missed the last step and went tumbling to the floor. Everyone was used to Alessia's clumsiness but she still felt very embarrassed.
"Mills please tell me you got this on video?"
Ella asked laughing.
Alessia didn't hear Millie's answer, someone put their warm hand on her back.
"Lessi, are you okay?"
Ona asked with her adorable Spanish accent that Alessia loved too much.
Alessia wished the ground would open up and swallow her, she just embarrassed herself again in front of Ona.
"Lessi?" Ona asked against.
"Yeah, I'm fine, thank you Ona." mumbled the English international when Ona helped her up from the floor, avoiding eye contact with the Spaniard.
Ona pulled Alessia in a quick hug.
"No need to be embarrassed, we're used to you falling over your own feet by now." the Spaniard said smiling cheekily up at the taller blonde.
Alessia could help but smile back.
"Battle! Russo! are you two coming or what?" Marc shouted from the bus.
"We better get going," Ona said reaching out for Alessia's hand. They got on the bus hand in hand. She knew not to interpret too much in Ona's gesture, she was touchy with everyone on the team.

The team arrived at the Hotel at which they were staying. Alessia was glad she was rooming with Ella, maybe she could help her figure out the crush she had on Ona.

"We're leaving for the first Training in 2h, so everyone is back down in the Lobby at 3:30 p.m.," Marc told the team.

"Less, I've got our keycard to come on let's go. We've got Room 223." Ella told her best friend.
The two English internationals started to settle in their hotel room. Alessia was fidgeting with her hands.
"Less? Are you okay? You've been acting weird since we met up this morning. Did something happen over the holidays?
Ella asked, worried about her best friend.
"No, nothing happened over the holidays, I just."
"Did you hit your head a little too hard on your fall today?" interrupted Ella laughing.
Alessia did not laugh, she turned away from Ella, heading towards the door.
"Lessi, please stay, I didn't mean it that way." Ella wrapped her arms around Alessia's body hoping her friend would stay and tell her what was going on.
"Less, please tell me what's bothering you," Ella mumbled in the blonde's ear. "Come, let's sit down." they sat down next to each other on Ella's bed.
"I have, I developed, I like." Alessia started three sentences not able to finish one of them.
"Lessi, take a deep breath, take your time," Ella said encouraging her best mate.
"I like a teammate." Alessia blurted out. "And I'm scared that it will ruin our connection on the pitch and that she doesn't feel the same way and that it will destroy our team dynamic if she figures it out." Alessia babbled.
"Alessia, stop! everything will be all right." Ella tried to calm her best friend down.
"Thank you, Tooney." Alessia side-hugged her best friend.
"So, who's the lucky woman, Less?" Ella asked smirking, having a pretty good idea whom her best friend is talking about.
"Please don't tell anyone, it's Ona. I really like Ona." Alessia confessed to her friend.
"I think you two would be really cute together and I think Ona has a crush on you too." Ella smiled hugging Alessia tighter.
"You sure?" Alessia asked shyly.
"Pretty sure, Lessi. Talk to Ona." Ella smiled softly at her friend.
"We need to go down to the lobby soon, will you be okay Less? Ella said getting up from the bed and holding her hand out for her best friend. Alessia took Ella's hand, and they grabbed their training bags and went down to the Lobby.

Getting the first session of the new year felt amazing. What Alessia wasn't looking forward to, was the Ice bath that was going to follow. She stepped into the cold tub, trying to relax her muscles.
"Why is this so cold?" The English forward asked no one in particular.
"Because it's an ice bath I think," Ona answers with a cheeky grin before joining Alessia in the tub.
"Brrr, why is it so cold?" Ona asked.
"Because it's an ice bath," Alessia replied with a teasing smile on her face.
Ona rolled her eyes and moved closer to Alessia in the ice-cold water.
"You think you're really funny Russo," Ona said with a smile. Before Alessia could reply Ona splashed her with chilly water. Alessia squealed. " Ona, you did not just do that."
"Yes, I did, and I'll do it again." the Spaniard said cheekily ready to splash the English again. Before Ona could splash Alessia, she grabbed both of Ona's wrists and held them above the Spaniard's head.
Not realizing how close they were to each other.
"Lessi" Ona whispered staring at Alessia's lips. Alessia leaned in kissing Ona's lips softly. Ona kissed her back, deepening the kiss. Alessia dropped her hands to Ona's waist, Ona wrapped her hands around Alessia's neck pulling her closer to her. After what felt like an hour, they broke the kiss to get air in their lungs. Foreheads still touching Ona said smiling at the English. "The water doesn't feel ice cold anymore."
"It really doesn't." Alessia smiled and added
"I really like you, Ona." "Good Lessi, because I like you too," Ona said softly.
Alessia closed the distance between them and kissed Ona again.