Vs. Arsenal

Tuesday morning (4 a.m.) gameday -1

Ona stirred in her sleep, feeling the softness of her pillow shifting beneath her head. She cracked open her eyes, immediately realising that her pillow was not a pillow but the chest of her girlfriend, Alessia. Alessia was coughing softly, her body shaking with each breath. Ona sat up, rubbing her eyes and looking at Alessia with concern.

"Cariño, are you okay?" she asked, placing a hand on her girlfriend's back.

Alessia nodded, coughing again. "I'm fine, just a little tickle in my throat," she replied, her voice hoarse. "Go back to sleep. I didn't mean to wake you up."

Ona shook her head, "No, I'm awake now. Let me get you some water," she said, getting out of bed, walking to the kitchen, getting Alessia a glass of water, and returning to the bedroom.

Alessia sat up, gratefully accepting the water from Ona. "Thanks, babe," she said, taking a sip of water. "I'm really sorry for waking you up, babe."

Ona shrugged, "Don't be sorry. I'm always here for you, no matter what," she said, sitting on the bed beside Alessia. "Let's try to get some more sleep. It's 4 a.m." Ona said, taking the now empty glass from Alessia.

Ona settled back in bed next to Alessia, opening her arms for her Girlfriend to cuddle into, but Alessia didn't move. "What if I get you sick too?"

Ona smiled, brushing a strand of hair away from Alessia's face. "I don't care about getting sick. I want to make sure you're okay and get some rest," she said, pulling Alessia into her arms. Alessia snuggled up against Ona's chest, feeling her warmth and comfort. "I'm so lucky to have you," Alessia whispered, closing her eyes, and drifting off to sleep. Ona smiled, holding Alessia close and kissing her forehead. "I'm the lucky one," she whispered back, drifting off to sleep.

At a not-so-ungodly hour, Ona woke up to the sound of her alarm, feeling Alessia snuggled up against her back. She reached over to turn off the alarm and turned to face Alessia, still asleep. Ona watched her momentarily, admiring how peaceful she looked in her sleep.

She got out of bed quietly, trying not to disturb Alessia, and headed to the kitchen to make coffee. As she waited for the coffee to brew, she thought about the upcoming Arsenal game and how important it was for Manchester United to win. She hoped Alessia would feel better tomorrow and be able to play.

Ona returned to the bedroom. Alessia was still asleep, so Ona sat on the edge of the bed and gently shook her shoulder. "Hey, sleepyhead, I'm about to head out for training," she said softly.

Alessia stirred and opened her eyes slowly. "Training already? What time is it?" she asked groggily.

Ona checked her phone. "It's almost 9 am. But don't worry. The game isn't until tomorrow, so you have all day to rest and feel better," she reassured her.

Alessia sat up, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, right. Sorry, I must have slept through my alarm," she said, yawning.

"It's okay, babe. You need the rest," Ona said, leaning over to kiss her. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay, have a good training session," Alessia replied sleepily, smiling at her.

When practice ended, Ona rushed home to check on Alessia.

"Cariño, I'm home", Ona shouted.

She found her lying on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, and watching TV. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Ona asked, pressing a kiss to Alessia's hairline.

"Better," Alessia replied, smiling at Ona. "I slept through the whole morning. My coughing has subsided a bit."

"That's good," Ona said, running her fingers through Alessia's hair. "Do you want me to draw you a bath?"