Aftertale!Sans (Geno) X Reader

(This was requested by @Proob200 please enjoy. Like the last chapter it will take a while for me to write this. It took me about a week & half of my free time to write the last one so let's see how long this one takes. Probs will take a little longer cuz I've gotta refresh my memory a bit about the character(s) I'll be using in this story. So be prepared for this to possibly be shitty.)

3rd Person POV:

It was a beautiful day outside. The birds were singing, the flowers blooming, & everyone seemed to be in a good mood across the multiverse. No one was causing mass destruction & no one was attempting to destroy the multiverse today. It was just a nice lazy day for most. And no one could possibly complain. Especially Geno & Ink, who decided that they were going to just explore a couple of alternative universes, or aus as Ink like to call them.

One of the aus that they had decided to visit was a little au known as echotale. As far as the both knew nothing much really happened around here anymore. It was a pretty quiet & empty au. Recently they had caught wind that there had seemed to be something going on in the au. It wasn't unusual for this au to seem to fall apart & crumble a bit in some areas but dream had informed them both that when he checked up on the au it seemed as though he was being watched, as if someone was hiding somewhere in the au watching him.

Geno didn't want to tag along but ink wanted some company on this check up trip. Ink gave geno the task of checking half of the au while he himself checked on the other half. They both went off in their own directions, starting to search to see if they find anything of importance. It didn't take long for Geno, however, when he came across a pile or rubble that looked like it was arranged to be a steady house of sorts with a few blankets, some junk, & some books.  It looked like all of this things were just recently arranged in this little area which was strange, so he started looking through the things. The things looked all like things an old friend he made in a random au had told him about.

Geno continued to rummage around as he thought about his old friend before he got grabbed from behind, getting shoved against a wall with a dagger against his neck. Panicked, breathing very unsteady, Geno tried to figure out who it was who attacked him. All he did, however, was stare at the persons eyes for a moment. As the other person seemed to recognize him after a few moments, they removed the dagger & almost instantly hugged Geno. This confused Geno greatly but for some reason he felt calm & relaxed. The person, in a sense, felt familiar to him & he hugged them back.

As they pulled apart from each other Geno finally took in all of the person that stood before him. Much to his surprise it was his old friend, "Y/N? Is that really you?" He smiled as he saw how a grin spread across the other's face. "Of course it's me you giant bone head! Who else would I be?" It wasn't long before Geno & Y/N began catching up with one another, talking about life & things that were going on across the multiverse, and even why Geno was in this au to begin with.

Y/N showed their old friend around the deserted au they called a home. After spending some time together they both realized that they had fallen in love with all of the things that they missed about one another. Though, to Geno, this was no surprise for he had always loved & adored Y/N. Although he was never really able to get the courage to express his feelings for his long time friend. As for Y/N, these sudden urges to kiss & love on their old friend seemed unnatural to them. They were unsure what these feelings were exactly & were greatly confused by them. Feelings of what many would consider love may be easy for others but this unlikely pair never would have thought they would've had a chance at love.

Especially since it was always a huge risk for either of them to allow anyone close to them they had never actually considered romance or anything more when they both actually reached adulthood. They may have loved many people but they would never allow anyone to get too emotionally close to them for they would never know when their time would come. Although, as they both walked back to Y/N's little hideaway that she called a house, they had both seemed to come to a conclusion that they were willing to take a risk on one another this once & see what could happen. Y/N had decided that she was fianlly ready to talk to Geno about what she was feeling. She hoped that it would go over well because, not only were there butterflies swarming her stomach, there was also an agonizing fear that was trying to take over. She spoke up, "Hey Geno, this may seem a little weird but I just need to get this off my chest. I think I really like you a lot. Like, I think I like you as more than just a friend."