Part 2

Although my gym class was the same, other classes had changed. It was the first day of a new semester.

I pulled out my school map. I was taking art this semester and I had never even been to the art room before. Using my map, I found my way there.

The busy halls were crowded and bustling. Somehow, I felt even more lonely surrounded by the loud crowds of students.

I finally arrived in the art room. It was a beautiful classroom with a high, slanted ceiling and a huge window that took up most of the wall. Along the window, there were shelves lined with pieces of artwork.

I brought my eyes back to the floor. The whole room was full of long, splattered tables with stools. I scanned the room for somewhere to sit. Luckily, I spotted someone.

I sat down at the table with her.

"Hi, Tiffany," I said.

"Hey Bree," She greeted me. Tiffany and I knew each other through mutual friends but I had never really had the chance to talk to her much.

"Excited for art?" She asked me.

"...Well. I'm just doing it for the credit," I admitted.

She laughed, "Same."

The teacher spoke to us about the class, and outlined the rules of the art room. Tiffany and I spent the rest of the class working on a short art project and talking together. She seemed friendly and nice.

At lunch, we sat together too.

. . .

Soon, the day was over. I rode the bus home, siting alone. At first, it was rowdy with noise, but the first few stops left it quiet. At the last stop, I thanked the bus driver, got off, and walked to my house.

Later that night, after I was done with homework, I layed on my back on my bed. Music flowed into my ears through my headphones that were plugged into my PC.

The playlist changed songs. It was an emotional, slow song about love. Love Sick by SNSD-TTS

As the music played, I thought about the lyrics. They were in Korean, but I had memorized the translation.

Give it back to me,

My heart that you took

Why did you have to come inside without permission?

I pray everyday for the day you will look back at me

It was the first time I got to know love

I hope every day for the day you will finally acknowledge me

Can it be fulfilled just once? I've waited for a long time

It was the first time I got to know love.

I kept the song playing on repeat, whispering along the lyrics. They meant so much to me.

Why did I have to think about him? Why did I have to like him so much if I couldn't even know him. I wanted so badly for him to get to know me. I wanted for us to have a chance together.

The last line was sung.

I let the song play a few more times, then I went to sleep.