Part 6

The next day I came to school with a refreshed mindset. I decided to try and forget the previous day's embarrassment and just start the day with a clean slate.

During lunch, I rushed to the cafeteria because I knew how long the line would be and I wanted to make sure they didn't run out of pizza by the time I got there.

So, I was sitting at the lunch table, eating my pizza and waiting for Tiffany (who had to go back to her locker to get her lunch).

I watched quietly for her arrival, when finally, she came. Except, as she came closer, I noticed that she had a strange expression on her face. She didn't look happy...

"What's up, Tiffany?" I asked, once she reached me, "You look angry!"

Her face showed distress, "I AM angry!"

"Woah," I could tell something was very wrong, "Here, take seat, tell me."

She sat down and sighed with exhaustion, I waited for her to tell me the issue with anticipation.

"Something awful happened!" She exclaimed.

"What is it?!!?" I leaned towards her.

"You remember the restaurant that my mom owns? The one we hung out at? The bakery?!??!?!"

"Yes, yeah, I remember! What is it?!"

"It was broken into!! Just today!!! My mom came in this morning and found that the door was unlocked and a bunch of stuff was missing!!"

My jaw dropped, "WHAT!? Oh no!!"

She nodded mournfully.

"Wait, what was stolen!?" I asked.

"Barely anything. All that they took was money and...the recipe book."

"Oh no..." I said. I knew how important that book was. Tiffany hung her head, completely crestfallen.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked herself.

I didn't know what to do. It was such a bad situation. Still, I wanted to be a good friend.

I put my arm around her and hugged her close. She cried silently into my shoulder. I felt like crying too.

After a few moments, she lifter her head to look up at me.

"My mom said that she was gonna stay at the shop until late to keep up with the investigation and everything. I want to see the shop but...I don't want to go alone. Would you...?"

"Of course," I said firmly.

"Thanks so much Bree".

"No problem, Tiffany," I said, "It's going to be okay." We sat in silence for the rest of lunch.

.

.

.

Tiffany and I met up at the shop later that evening. We stood around the corner before going inside.

"You ready?" I asked Tiffany.

"Uh..." She looked around frantically, "No..."

"Come on, you can do this!" I encouraged her.

"No, no. It's not that," She dissmissed, "I'm waiting for someone".

"Huh?? Who?"