Part 9

The next day, I was inexplicably tired. Despite having gone to bed at a more than reasonable hour the following night, I found myself completely worn during the day.

This, of course, didn't go over well with Namjoon.

I rested my head on my hand while he calculated an equation. He kept looking over at me in frustration.

Namjoon scoffed, "Bree! Please, participate! I don't wanna do all the work here!" 

I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"What's going on Bree?" Namjoon asked.

I suddenly felt sort of bad for my lab partner. He had always been so nice to me even when he didn't know me very well. Even as I got so upset over Jimin, he just was supportive and didn't pressure me into talking about it or anything. I felt a bit of guilt over this.

I lifted my head out of my hands and looked up at Namjoon, "Do you know P-J-M?" I asked seriously.

He looked back at me, with the same amount of sincerity. He knew to show me he could be trusted, "No, I don't," Namjoon said.

I sighed slightly, "P-J-M...is Park Jimin," I admitted.

"Oh!" Namjoon exclaimed, "I know him." 

"You do??" 

"Yep," Namjoon nodded, then regained his serious expression, "I'm guessing you like him...?"

I looked away, my face getting hot, "Yeah, I do."

I could sense the wheels in his head turning, putting together every strange thing I had done, all connecting to one person, Jimin.

"Have you talked to him at all?" Namjoon asked.

"Well, yeah," I said, "But not nearly as much as I would like to.

He nodded, "I see".

I suddenly looked at Namjoon, "WAIT! You're not gonna tell anyone about this? Are you!?!?!"

Namjoon put his hands out in front of him, "Of course not. Who would I tell anyway?"

I shook my head, "I dunno. Just making sure."

"You sure are worked up over this," Namjoon said.

I rolled my eyes at his stating of the obvious.

"It's just irritating," I said, talking to myself more than him, "I can see us together but at the same time it seems to impossible sometimes."

"Well, you never know what could happen," Namjoon said. 

"Yeah, I guess," I cleared my throat, "Sorry for getting off task, let's get back to work."

.

.

.

On Friday night, I went over to Tiffany's house for a sleepover!

At midnight, we sat out on her back patio, where she had a fire pit and bench. We sat together, wrapped in a blanket and roasting marshmallows, as if it were Summer. 

"Let's play truth or dare," Tiffany suggested.

"Okay," I agreed, biting into my gooey marshmallow.

"I'll go first," Tiffany said, "Truth or dare?" 

"Um..." I considered, "Truth." I didn't feel like getting up from my cozy spot in the blanket.

"Let's see..." Tiffany said with a mischievous grin.

"Oh gosh," I laughed, "Here we go."

"What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?"  Tiffany asked.

When I tripped right in front of Jimin

"Well, there was this one time that I walked around for like, a good five minutes in 7th grade with my skirt tucked into my tights," I admitted.

"Oh my gosh," Tiffany laughed, "How did you live?"

"I almost didn't," I laughed too, "Now I can look back and laugh but back then I wanted to die."

"I can understand that."

"Your turn!" I exclaimed, "Truth or dare."

"Truth," Tiffany said, "I'm too lazy to choose dare right now," she laughed.

"Same," I thought about what to ask her.  As I thought, I watched as she leaned in near the fire to roast her marshmallow.

"Got it! Who do you like?" I said. It was a low-hanging-fruit type of question but I couldn't resist.

Tiffany groaned, "Wow I knew this would happen."

I could immediately tell by her reaction that she did like someone, "Oh my gosh, there is someone!!"

"Yep," Tiffany admitted.

"WHO?"

She looked down, embarrassed, "It's...um...Taehyung."

I gasped, "WHAT? Really?!?!"

"Yeah," she said.

I laughed, "That's funny, because, I like Jimin and you like him haha."

"I know," She said.

"So when I told you I liked Jimin...you already liked Taehyung?" I asked.

"Yeah," She said. I noticed she seemed to be a bit upset.

"Hmm, well at least you seem to be pretty close with Taehyung!"

She frowned, "I know and that's the thing. We are already friends. It's such a typical problem. If He finds out that I like him won't it ruin our friendship?"

I thought about that, "Wow, I never would have considered that." I always thought it would be extremely lucky to already be close with the guy you liked. But maybe not.

"You're lucky, Bree," Tiffany said.

"Why is that?" 

"Because you and Jimin," Tiffany explained, "You two are starting off with a clean slate. What you two become, it's up to the both of you."