Part 5

Just as Tiffany and I had grown close, so did Namjoon and I. We had bonded over our mutual love of hip hop and worked very well in class together. He was also someone I considered my friend.

The Monday after I had hung out with Tiffany, we had to work on another lab, but I kept getting distracted...

 "PJM" I scrawled down into my notebook. Then sealed the letters inside a heart. I looked down at the doodle fondly.

Suddenly, a hand waved in front of my face, covering the notebook.

"Bree??? Bree?" Namjoon said, trying to get me out of my day-dream.

I grabbed his waving hand, pushed it out of the way, and hugged my notebook to my chest, frowning.

"PJM, huh?" Namjoon asked with a knowing smirk, "What's that all about?"

I scoffed, "No!" I shook my head, "And stop smiling like that!"

"And why not?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Because it's very immature," I said firmly. I flipped to a fresh page in my notebook and slammed it back down on the table.

"Let's just get back to work, okay?" I said, forcing myself to be calm.

He just nodded.

Later in the day, I was walking through the hall during lunch. I needed to get something from my locker.

The halls were pretty much completely empty because all of the students were either in lunch or in class. I hurried down the hall without any obstacles to pay attention to.

Suddenly, I felt my foot kick something. Before I could catch myself, my legs went out from under me and I toppled forward face first.

"Ouch," I whined.

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice beside me.

Shocked, I turned my head to find the source of the voice and the source of the obstacle.

I was absolutely terrified to find that that person was...Park Jimin.

My face went red hot with embarrassment.

"I...I'm sorry!" I said hurriedly, then I rushed off in the other direction.

I ran wildly through the empty halls until I found a bathroom and slammed inside the door.

I stopped in front of the empty mirror and caught my breath, the bathroom was empty.

I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection staring at me. Then, without warming, I suddenly burst into tears and turned my head away from the mirror.

I slammed back out of the bathroom and into the hall, covering my face with my hands.

Then, oddly enough, I bumped right into yet another guy.

"OOF" He said. We both went backwards, recovered, and looked up at each other.

It was Namjoon, looking down in surprise at my tear-streaked, flushed red face.

"Woah," He said.

I put my head down in shame, my cheeks burned. This couldn't get any worse. I wanted to disappear.

"Are you okay??" He asked. He sounded concerned.

"Uhm, no, not really," I admitted.

"What's wrong?" He said worriedly.

"P-J-M!" I exclaimed, "I'm tired of not being able to do anything right!"

Namjoon stepped towards me and wrapped his arms around me.

I rested my head on him and went on, "I just want this one thing to work out! Can't something work out?? Just this once?!!?"

"It's gonna work out..." He said.

I sighed heavily, trying not to think about how embarrassed I was.

"It'll be okay Bree," He said.

I relaxed in his embrace. At least right then, I was able to believe him.

I couldn't stop thinking about him. I just wanted the chance. I knew that if we could just have the chance then maybe things could work.

All it would take would be something to bring us together.