Chapter 1: An Old Tale

Author's note- Hi everyone! I just need you to know that I will post chapter 2 tomorrow and this will be a little taste of what is to come! Enjoy! ;> XOXO

   Oh? Hello once again! It's nice to see you. I know that you might be eager to see what happens next in my story huh? Especially after that huge cliffhanger! But I would like to first start you off with a tale from over 50 years ago! It is about Willow City's connection with our great Queen Amber! Yes we do have a queen. She rules all of Valand! Which is our Kingdom.

The story starts with a normal day before Magical abilities became well known across the lands! The queen had been told that Willow city had some strange people. At the time only a quarter of the city randomly manifested powers. But they were the only ones in the entire land to have them!

The queen became curious about it but knew better than to lock them away to experiment with them. She instead left them to continue with a normal life. But she sent out royal guards two times a month to make a report to her about how they were doing.

No one thought that it could have been a curse or that it was a bad omen. Instead everyone thought that it was a blessing to have these people in our kingdom! No problems had occurred.

The word spread out across the kingdom that there was a town with people who had magical abilities. Soon it spread across the sea to every one of the Five Kingdoms, until it reached the Kingdom called Jackal. Jackal was a neighboring Kingdom that had despised our Kingdom. They thought that we were too friendly and would soon fall. Then they would gladly take our land.

They had tried to call a war with us. But because we were great friends with other neighboring Kingdoms they were outnumbered. Once they heard the word that some people in our Kingdom had magic they quickly made a plan.

Their King sent out a small army of warriors to sail to Valand secretly to Kidnap those people with powers so that they could be used against us and take over our Kingdom! Fortunately a neighboring Kingdom had heard of their plan and told Queen Amber about it. She acted quickly and prepared for their arrival.

She had an army of warriors sent out to their landing place to try and make a truce. But they started attacking the nights and a few of them ended up dying. This made the King call for a war. But because we killed one of their people forcefully we could not call it off.

Queen Amber knew that the Jackals would go for Willow city for the people with magic. So as much as she didn't want to, she had to protect them by building a massive wall to surround it. So she did so and it took a month with the other Kingdom's help. Soon after they prepared for war. The Jackals had arrived with a massive army. The war lasted for several years but finally ended with Valand's great victory! With the help of the other Five Kingdom's the Jackals retreated back to their land.

Soon Queen Amber took down the walls surrounding Willow city. More people within it had now manifested powers! Their powers would then be gladly shown off to the world. Queen Amber had worried about the Jackals coming back. So she called for the original person who manifested the first and greatest power of the world for a meeting with her. His name was Roland. He was like a sorcerer. During the years of the war he had practiced his powers and was unbelievably remarkable with them. He was known as the most powerful man in the Six Kingdoms!

He had soon arrived after Queen Amber's call and spoke with her. He planned to set an invisible barrier around the kingdom that only everyone except for the Jackals could enter. For safety measures he had also set a second one around Willow city and the other four Kingdoms. The kingdom was now at peace. Soon people with magic had multiplied across every kingdom except for Jackal. Soon magic had been a normal thing in most areas of Valand. Only 20% of the population were normal.